Only 9% of Google+ Profiles Active
Ashley Allen / 3 years ago
In the least surprising news ever, it has been revealed that no one is using the Google+. Kevin Anderson, an analytics blogger, has charted Google+’s usage statistics and, though 2.2 billion people have accounts with the social network, only 9% of users have ever posted on it.
Anderson’s data comes from Edward Morbius, who posted his findings on rival social network Ello. In his post, Morbius quotes Head of Google+ Dave Besbris who, in an interview with Re/Code last year, said, regarding user figures, “I don’t want to talk about numbers”. This is why:
- Of the 2.2 billion Google+ profiles, only 9% have publicly-posted content;
- 37% of those profiles have only commented on YouTube videos, and 8% are profile photo changes;
- 6% of active profiles have activity for 2015;
- Half of active profiles in 2015 only have YouTube posts;
- So, around 0.2 of all Google+ profiles have made public posts in 2015.
Ironically, Morbius is a regular user of Google+.
Source: Business Insider