Acer announce AC100 micro server
Ryan Martin / 5 years ago
Acer America today announced a new commercial offering, the Acer AC100 micro-server. It delivers the latest server-class features and utilities in a compact form factor to suit the needs of small and medium businesses.Featuring an easy to configure micro-tower enabling quick upgrades, the new Acer AC100 not only reduces the time and costs associated with maintenance, but also provides excellent expandability in its class. In addition to Energy Star certification, it boasts a high-efficiency 200W 80 PLUS power supply, which makes the AC100 more than 80 percent energy efficient at 20, 50 and 100 percent rated loads, reducing electricity use and bills.
The AC100 is powered by an Intel Xeon E3-1200, Intel Core i3 or Pentium series processor and can house up to 8TB of RAID storage and 16GB memory to provide data security and house large workloads efficiently. It can also expand to meet the needs of a growing business with four 3.5-inch hot-pluggable hard drive bays, six USB ports, one PCIe x8 slot as well as video and eSATA ports.Pre-configured RAID 0, 1, 10 and 5 modes and automatic back-up protect critical data and enable secure remote access from the web. ECC memory protects the system from data corruption by detecting and correcting single bit errors on the fly, critical for financial and scientific computing. In addition, an integrated Gigabit Ethernet controller transmits files quickly and safely.
The AC100 micro-server can be configured with a variety of operating systems including Microsoft Small Business Server 2011 Essentials. Acer Dashboard and Acer ITSmart boast powerful utilities, such as Server Health Monitoring to ensure operations are functioning effectively. Select configurations come with Intel vPro Management, a set of security and manageability capabilities to protect sensitive information as well as to streamline office operations and increase employee productivity. The server also has Client PC Power Saving, Printer Sharing, Fax Notification as well as pad and Kensington lock slots to deter theft.
The Acer AC100 server will be available via resellers in Canada now with a MSRP starting at $999 CAD when configured with an Intel Xeon E3-1260L processor. It comes with a one-year warranty and customers can also choose from extended warranties and services.In addition to the new Acer AC100 server, Acer provides a full line of award-winning commercial technology products to support businesses, schools and professional organizations. Acer’s commercial product line includes the Acer F2 line of servers, the Acer TravelMate Timeline notebook PCs, Acer Veriton desktop PCs as well as a full line of LED and LCD displays, digital signage and projectors
- Easy-to-configure micro-tower provides excellent expandability and enables quick upgrades, reducing the time and costs associated with maintenance
- High-efficiency 200W 80 PLUS power supply makes it more than 80 percent energy efficient at 20, 50 and 100 percent rated loads, reducing electricity use and bills
- Houses up to 8TB of RAID storage and 16GB memory to provide data security and house large workloads efficiently
- Expands to meet the needs of a growing business with four 3.5-inch hot-pluggable hard drive bays, six USB ports, one PCIe x8 slot as well as video and eSATA ports
- Available now via resellers in the U.S. with a manufacturer’s suggested retail price (MSRP) of $999 when configured with an Intel Xeon E3-1260L processor