AMD Adrenalin 21.10.3 – Game Ready For Guardians of the Galaxy!
Mike Sanders / 2 years ago
Calling all AMD graphics card owners! Yes, I’m afraid it’s that time again as a brand new GPU driver update has been released and is likely set to start bothering you to install it in the very near future! – Is it worth doing though? Well, with it offering a surprisingly large amount of game-ready optimisations, if you’re planning on pumping some time into Guardians of the Galaxy, Age of Empires IV, Riders Republic, or the latest Doom Eternal 6.66 patch (I see what you did there Bethesda!), then it would certainly seem to be the case!
AMD Radeon Adrenalin 21.10.3 Graphics Card Drivers
As part of the official update notes, AMD has confirmed the following optimisations, game-ready support, and fixes offered in its latest graphics card driver:
- Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy™
- Up to 21% increase in performance in Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy™ @ 4K Ultra Settings, using Radeon™ Software Adrenalin 21.10.3 on the 16 GB Radeon™ RX 6900 XT graphics card, versus the previous software driver version 21.10.2.RS-423
- Up to 21% increase in performance in Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy™ @ 4K Ultra Settings, using Radeon™ Software Adrenalin 21.10.3 on the 16 GB Radeon™ RX 6800 XT graphics card, versus the previous software driver version 21.10.2.RS-424
- Riders Republic™
- Age of Empires™ IV
- Up to 45% increase in performance in Age of Empires™ IV @ 4K Max Settings, using Radeon™ Software Adrenalin 21.10.3 on the 16 GB Radeon™ RX 6800 XT graphics card, versus the previous software driver version 21.10.2.RS-425
- Doom® Eternal:
- Update 6.66
- In Radeon™ Software, the CPU Tuning feature may be missing for some users with AMD Processors such as Ryzen™ 9 5950X Processor.
- Some users may experience elevated disk space consumption by the Multimedia Athena Dumps folder.
- While playing a game, some users may experience a black screen flicker if they have multiple displays connected and they attempt to switch between open windows (via Alt + Tab shortcut).
- Battlefield™ V may crash during gameplay on some AMD Graphics products such as Radeon™ RX 6600 Graphics.
- Image corruption may be observed on some characters when Radeon™ Boost is enabled while playing Cyberpunk 2077® on some AMD Graphics products such as Radeon™ RX 6700 XT Graphics.
Where Can I Get My Update?
As always, if you already have the AMD Adrenalin Edition app installed on your PC (and we certainly hope you do if you have one of their graphics cards), then a quick check of it should (all going well) prompt you to download and update to this latest driver release. However, if that doesn’t work, you can learn more (and/or manually download it) via the link here!
What do you think? How often do you update your graphics card drivers? – Let us know in the comments!