AMD Adrenalin 21.5.1 Released – Game Ready For RE: Village
Mike Sanders / 1 month ago
Attention AMD graphics card owners! Following the recent release of Resident Evil Village and the Metro Exodus PC Enhanced Edition, you might already have more than a few gaming plans set for this weekend. If those two titles are, however, on your list, then you might want to check your drivers as with the release of the Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition 21.5.1 update, game-ready optimizations for your AMD GPU await you!
AMD Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition 21.5.1 Highlights
As with most graphics card updates, the release notes are quite long. So if you do plan to go through everything below, you might want to grab yourself a coffee first! Here we go…
- Resident Evil Village™
- Up to 13% increase in performance in Resident Evil Village @ 4K MAX settings, with Radeon™ Software Adrenalin 21.5.1 on the 16GB Radeon™ RX 6800XT graphics card, versus the previous software driver edition 21.4.1.RS-362
- Metro Exodus PC Enhanced Edition™
- Disco Elysium™ may experience texture flickering on trees with Radeon RX 6000 series graphics products.
- Performance metrics may incorrectly report temperatures on Ryzen™ 5 1600 series processors.
- Lower than expected performance may be experienced at 4K resolutions on Radeon RX 6000 series graphics products in some Payday 2™ missions.
- Moonlight Blade™ may experience an application crash when entering a game with ray tracing enabled.
- Green corruption may be observed in some video previews on the Radeon Software media pages or thumbnails.
- Radeon Software hotkeys using the numpad may sometimes fail to correctly save or work after upgrading to a newer Radeon Software version.
- Radeon Software recording and media files may intermittently fail to detect and tag Rainbow Six Siege™ screenshots, replays, or recordings.
- Added Radeon Software game detection for some recently added Xbox Game Pass games.
Where Can I Get My Update?
As always, if you already have AMD Adrenalin 2020 Edition installed, then a quick check of the app should prompt you to download this latest version. And it’s something we would certainly recommend if you plan to pump a few hours into Resident Evil Village! However, if it doesn’t, you can learn more (and manually download it) via the link here!
What do you think? How often do you update your graphics card drivers? – Let us know in the comments!