AMD Catalyst 13.8 Beta V2 Drivers Released
Ryan Martin / 4 years ago
AMD have released the second version of their Catalyst 13.8 beta driver to fix a tonne of issues generated with the first version of the beta drivers. The main changes in terms of boosted performance come with new titles like Saints Row 4 and Splinter Cell Blacklist. The new driver also adds to the CrossFire frame pacing issues generated in a handful of games like Tomb Raider and World of Warcraft. Below you can see the full release details. You can download the drivers below:
Feature Highlights of The AMD Catalyst 13.8 Beta2 Driver for Windows:
- Saints Row 4: Performance improves up to 25% at 1920×1280 with Ultra settings enabled
- Splinter Cell Blacklist: Performance improves up to 9% at 2560×1600 with Ultra settings enabled
- Final Fantasy XIV: Improves single GPU and CrossFire performance
- Van Helsing: Fixes image quality issues when enabling Anti-Aliasing through the AMD Catalyst Control Center
- Far Cry 3 / Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon: Resolve corruption when enabling Anti-Aliasing through the Catalyst Control Center
- RIPD: Improves single GPU performance
- Minimum: Improves CrossFire performance
- Castlevania Lords of Shadow: Improves CrossFire performance
- CrossFire: Frame Pacing feature – includes improved performance in World of Warcraft, Sniper Elite, Watch Dogs, and Tomb Raider
- Doom 3 BFG: Corruption issues have been resolved
Known Issues of The AMD Catalyst 13.8 Beta2 Driver for Windows:
- CrossFire configurations (when used in combination with Overdrive) can result in the secondary GPU usage running at 99%
- Enabling CrossFire can result in the PCI-e bus speed for the secondary GPU being reported as x1
- Bioshock Infinite: New DLC can cause system hangs with Frame Pacing enabled – disable frame pacing for this title to resolve
Feature Highlights of The AMD Catalyst 13.8 Beta Driver for Windows:
- Support for AMD CrossFire™ Frame Pacing
- Frame Pacing ensures that frames rendered across multiple GPUs in a CrossFire configuration will be displayed at an even and regular pace.
- Enabled through the AMD Catalyst Control Center; Globally or on a per application basis.
- Frame Pacing is enabled by default.
- Supported for DirectX 10 and DirectX 11 applications, and resolutions up to and including 2560×1600 (single display).
- OpenGL 4.3 support – full support for the OpenGL 4.3 feature set
- Performance improvements found in AMD Catalyst 13.8 Beta for Windows:
- Metro: Last Light – improves performance up to 7% on the AMD Radeon™ HD 7000 Series
- OpenGL support for User Profiles and Catalyst Application Profiles:
- Users can now create per application 3D setting profiles for OpenGL applications.
- OpenGL applications are now supported through Catalyst Application Profile updates (for single GPU and AMD CrossFire configurations).
- AMD Enduro Technology enhancement – Catalyst Control Center will now show which applications are active on the Performance GPU, and the Power-Saving GPU
- Resolved issues:
- Resolved crash when enabling AMD CrossFireX™ on some AMD 970 platforms
- Improved stability for AMD Radeon HD 7790
- Resolved intermittent mouse cursor corruption when rapidly moving the cursor across window borders
Image courtesy of AMD