AMD Radeon 17.11.3 HotFix Released for RX Vega Crashes
Ron Perillo / 11 months ago
AMD is rolling out a new Radeon Software Crimson ReLive Edition driver. However, this version 17.11.3 is a hotfix specifically for Radeon RX Vega video cards. Users who are experiencing intermittent crash issues can install this update to prevent it from happening.
AMD’s Radeon RX Vega graphics card launched back in August 2017, with the RX Vega 56 and RX Vega 64 models. Many of the company’s partners are also working on custom cooling solutions for the card. However, there is no definite release date for those yet and the units out there are all reference designs.
This HotFix only resolves the crashing issue exclusively on RX Vega graphics cards. Many gamers who use AMD GPUs are still experiencing “Rendering Device Lost: Application is closing!” error when playing Overwatch. In fact, this Overwatch issue has been going on for over eight months now and is problematic for everyone. Considering Overwatch is one of the most popular games in the world, AMD really needs to get to the bottom of that issue.
Other than that, here are the rest of the known existing issues plaguing AMD video cards.
- Some desktop productivity apps may experience latency when dragging or moving windows.
- Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six® Siege may experience an application hang when breaching walls with grenades or explosives.
- Rise of the Tomb Raider™ may experience an intermittent application hang during gameplay.
- Random system hangs after extended periods of use on system configurations using 12 GPU’s for compute workloads.
- The GPU Workload feature may cause a system hang when switching to Compute while AMD CrossFire is enabled. A workaround is to disable AMD CrossFire before switching the toggle to Compute workloads.
- Resizing the Radeon Settings window may cause the user interface to stutter or exhibit corruption temporarily.
- Unstable Radeon WattMan profiles may not be restored to default after a system hang.
- OverWatch™ may experience a random or intermittent hang on some system configurations. Disabling Radeon ReLive as a temporary workaround may resolve the issue.
Users can download the latest HotFix drivers over at the AMD Drivers and Support page or by following this link.