AMD Radeon 21.8.2 GPU Drivers – Game Ready For Aliens & Myst!
Mike Sanders / 3 months ago
With several gaming releases within the last couple of days, or, indeed, just on the horizon, it’s not exactly surprising to find that AMD has announced the launch of brand new graphics card drivers. If you do, therefore, plan on pumping some time into Myst, Aliens Fireteam Elite, or Little Nightmares II: Enhanced Edition, making the update seems to be well to your advantage as the latest Radeon Adrenalin 21.8.2 drivers offer game ready optimisations to get the best out of your GPUs performance!
AMD Radeon Adrenalin 2020 21.8.2
As part of the release noted, AMD has confirmed the following changes, updates, and game ready optimisations:
- Up to 6% increase in performance in Myst @ 4K Medium settings with Raytracing enabled, using Radeon™ Software Adrenalin 21.8.2 on the 16GB Radeon™ RX 6800XT graphics card, versus the previous software driver edition 21.8.1.RS-398
- Aliens™: Fireteam Elite
- Little Nightmares II™: Enhanced Edition
- Users may experience difficulties ending a recording session on Open Broadcaster Software™ when recording in H265/HEVC codec on some AMD Graphics products such as Radeon™ RX 6800 XT.
- While playing F1® 2021 in Split Screen mode, image corruption may be observed on one of the players’ screens.
- Radeon software application may become unresponsive when some users attempt to launch the application.
- While playing Control™ using DirectX® 12, users may observe corrupt light rays on some AMD Graphics products such as Radeon™ RX 6600 XT.
- Upgrading to the latest Radeon™ graphics driver may cause the auto update feature on Ryzen™ Master to stop working.
Where Can I Get My Update?
As always, if you already have the AMD Adrenalin Edition app installed, then a quick check of it should prompt you to download and update to this latest version. However, if it doesn’t, you can learn more (and/or manually download it) via the link here!
What do you think? How often do you update your graphics card drivers? – Let us know in the comments!