AMD Radeon Adrenalin Edition 18.2.1 Update Released
Mike Sanders / 11 months ago
AMD Radeon Adrenalin Edition 18.2.1
You wait for one bus and then two come along at once, but less than a couple weeks since the first AMD GPU update for 2018, we now have our second.
The new update, AMD Radeon Adrenalin Edition 18.2.1, has implemented a number of changes, improvements and fixes. Most notably, however, is the inclusion of specific support for the newly released Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age.
Aside from the FFXII implementation, the report via DSOGaming suggests that the update also includes some fixes for Need for Speed Payback and some further DX9 fixes, particularly within Civilization 5.
Driver Update Fix List
In the driver update, the software lists the following resolved and known issues:
- Final Fantasy® 12: The Zodiac Age
- Radeon FreeSync may rapidly change between min and max range when enabled causing stutter in fullscreen games on single display system configurations.
- Sid Meier’s Civilization® V may fail to launch on Hybrid Graphics system configurations when using DirectX®9 API.
- FreeSync may exhibit a black screen on some games when using Samsung™ CF791 displays.
- Radeon Chill game settings profiles may fail to enable on Vulkan™ API games.
- Radeon Overlay may fail to open in some Vulkan™ API games.
- Need for Speed™ Payback may exhibit corruption on some terrain.
- Textures in Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth3 V Generation™ may appear corrupted or exhibit flickering colours.
- Radeon FreeSync may intermittently incorrectly engage during Chrome video playback resulting in playback flicker.
- Radeon Overlay hotkey may fail to bring up the overlay or may cause a Radeon Host Application crash intermittently on a limited number of gaming titles.
- FreeSync may rapidly change between min and max range when enabled causing stutter in fullscreen games on multi displaysystem configurations.
- Flickering may be observed on the performance metrics overlay when Enhanced Sync is enabled on some Radeon FreeSync connected displays.
- A random system hang may be experienced after extended periods of use on system configurations using 12 GPU’s for compute workloads.
- Water textures may appear to be missing in World of Final Fantasy™.
- The GPU Workload feature may cause a system hang when switching to Compute while AMD CrossFire is enabled. A workaround is to disable AMD CrossFire before switching the toggle to Compute workloads.
Update Regularly, Update Often!
It’s always a good idea to update your GPU drivers as more often than not you will see albeit minor improvements in performance. Particularly if you are playing some brand new titles.
With FFXII released as well, who isn’t going to want to try that at full specification?
By supporting eTeknix, you help us grow and continue to bring you the latest news, reviews, and competitions. Follow us on Facebook and Twitter to keep up with the latest technology, share your favourite articles, chat with the team and more. Also check out eTeknix YouTube, where you’ll find our latest video reviews, event coverage and features in 4K!