AMD Releases 16.11.1 Radeon Crimson Edition Drivers
Samuel Wan / 6 years ago
True to their word, AMD has kept up driver updates over the past year. In a refreshing change, this has meant new drivers every couple of weeks with support for the latest games. In the first release for November, AMD has made available Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.11.1.
The key features this time around are support for Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered. Titanfall 2 also gets a new DX 12 Crossfire profile. In additin to the new game support, AMD has also managed to get some fixes out as well.
- AMD XConnect™ Technology will now allow Microsoft Office applications to migrate to iGPU on unplug.
- Flickering may be observed on some surfaces in a few maps or locations in Battlefield™1 in AMD CrossFire mode.
- Radeon R9 390 graphics series may experience a crash or application hang when running Unigine™ Heaven using OpenGL™.
- The Radeon WattMan feature may intermittently display a Radeon Software popup error regarding Radeon WattMan for non-supported products.
- The Division™ may experience an application freeze or hang when running in AMD CrossFire mode after extended periods of play.
- OBS screen capture may stutter after extended periods of use while capturing video and watching or streaming content in a web browser.
In terms of known issues there are still a couple of troubling ones like H.264 playback bugs. Given its almost a year since the Crimson Edition launch, we may be getting another new major revision soon. I suspect we will also another new driver later in the month as well. You can find the full release notes and download links here.