AMD Releases Crimson Edition 16.9.2 For Forza Horizon 3
John Williamson / 5 years ago
To coincide with the launch of Forza Horizon 3, AMD has just released a driver with essential optimisations for this highly-rated title. The new driver dubbed Crimson Edition 16.9.2 also comes with a large array of fixes and a new Crossfire profile. Here we can see the changelog in full:
Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.9.2 Highlights
- Forza Horizon 3™
New AMD CrossFire profile added for DirectX® 11:
- Intermittent mouse cursor corruption may be experienced on some Radeon RX 400 Series graphics products.
- Flickering display may be experienced on portrait Eyefinity display configurations when launching or exiting DirectX®12 applications.
- Ashes of the Singularity™ may experience an application crash when Multi-GPU is enabled in DirectX®12.
- Upgrading from a previous Radeon Software Crimson Edition version may cause user settings in Radeon Settings to reset to defaults.
- Intermittent crash may be experienced in Mozilla Firefox while doing video playback on some Radeon RX 400 Series graphics products.
- Radeon Settings may sometimes experience an “application has stopped” error after modifying game profiles on Windows 10 Anniversary Addition.
- A small amount of corruption may be experienced in the lower right hand corner of the display on some Radeon HD 7000 series products when playing Deus Ex™: Mankind Divided.
- Small amounts of stutter may be experienced when playing or watching cinematic videos in Deus Ex™: Mankind Divided when using AMD CrossFire mode and DirectX®11.
- HDMI® Audio may be lost after resuming from standby on Windows 10 Anniversary Edition.
- Flickering may be experienced in Rocket League on Radeon RX 400 Series graphics products when running in AMD CrossFire mode.
- A few game titles may fail to launch, experience performance issues or crash if the third party application “Raptr” has its game overlay enabled. A workaround is to disable the overlay if this is experienced.
- Counter-Strike™: Global Offensive may experience intermittent stutter on Radeon R9 380 Series graphics products in AMD CrossFire mode.
- Rise of the Tomb Raider may experience an application crash when changing the resolution from in-game menus when running DirectX®12. Users can restart the game to complete the resolution change.
- OpenCL™ version information may display incorrectly or may display random characters in Radeon Settings.
- Radeon RX 460 may fail to resume from sleep mode and require a system restart when connected through AMD XConnect™ Technology.
- While using or having Radeon WattMan open in Radeon Settings while in AMD CrossFire mode, the secondary/slave GPU clocks will increase to their highest state.
- Overwatch™ may experience flickering character models while in the hero selection menu or during gameplay in AMD Crossfire mode.
- Paragon may experience flickering while using AMD FreeSync technology and AMD CrossFire mode in conjunction.
- Dreadnought™ may experience minor flickering in game menus or gameplay while using AMD FreeSync technology.
If you wish to download the latest driver, please visit this page which contains the appropriate links for different operating systems. It’s great to see AMD release a driver so quickly and have official support for Forza Horizon 3 upon release.