AMD releasing the new Radeon HD 7900 graphics driver
Andy Ruffell / 7 years ago
AMD has only released its new graphics card that it already needs a driver update. In the end, it’s only for the best, so who’s complaining?
The latest driver (code)named 8.921.2 RC11, is all fresh and brings support, performance and solutions to issues.
Starting with the support, the new driver brings the Super Sampling Anti-Aliasing and Adaptive Anti-Aliasing Preview support for DirectX 10 and DirectX 11 applications:
- AMD Radeon HD 7900 users can now enable Super Sample Anti-Aliasing and Adaptive Anti-Aliasing through the AMD Catalyst Control Center for DirectX 10 and DirectX 11 applications.
- Applications must support in game Anti-Aliasing for the feature to work (Forced on Anti-Aliasing through the Catalyst Control Center is not supported for DirectX 10 and DirectX 11 applications).
Performance has been perfected for some games in order to provide the best of the best:
- 8% (up to) performance improvement in Aliens vs. Predator
- 15% (up to) performance improvement in Battleforge with Anti-Aliasing enabled
- 3% (up to) performance improvement in Battlefield 3
- 3% (up to) performance improvement in Crysis 2
- 6% (up to) performance improvement in Crysis Warhead
- 10% (up to) performance improvement in F1 2010
- 5% (up to) performance improvement in Unigine with Anti-Aliasing enabled
- 250% (up to) performance improvement in TessMark (OpenGL) when set to “insane” levels
And finally some issues have been resolved with the following highlights:
- [email protected]: intermittent stability issues have been resolved for the OpenCL version of [email protected]
- Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 no longer experiences minor flickering with Tri CrossFireX configurations
- Dragon Age 2 no longer experiences minor flickering with Tri CrossFireX configurations
- StarCraft 2 no longer encounters issues when quitting campaign with Tri and Quad CrossFireX configurations
- BattleForge stability has been improved with Tri CrossFireX configurations
- Improved stability when enabling / disabling CrossFireX and installing the AMD graphics driver on AMD CrossfireX configurations
That’s it for now, you can download the driver now for Windows 7 and Vista here.