America’s Army: Proving Grounds Launched on Steam
Peter Donnell / 5 years ago
The U.S. Army today announced that America’s Army: Proving Grounds (AA:PG), the next version of its official Army game, is now available in open beta for download on Steam. Players can register their Soldier name for the game at the America’s Army: Proving Ground website and then jump into the Army action.
“We took a back to basics approach that highlights a move, shoot, communicate system within a fun gaming experience that echoes teamwork-based Army training,” said Marsha Berry, Project Manager for America’s Army.
“Just like in the Army, America’s Army: Proving Grounds focuses on creating elite, well trained Soldiers that will complete the missions as a fine-tuned team beginning with smaller, focused exercises and advancing up to larger, more complex exercises.”
Bringing the best features of the previous versions to a new America’s Army environment, AA: PG stresses small unit tactical maneuvers and training that reflects the current day Army. America’s Army: Proving Grounds (AA: PG) showcases the Army by emphasizing Army Values, teamwork, training and completing the objectives through gameplay that reflects the Soldier’s Creed.
The America’s Army game features:
- Fast-paced Battledrill Exercises (BDX) for small engagements of 6 players vs. 6 players. These maps focus on the basic movements and maneuvers, allowing players to learn how the enemy might react and adjust their strategies for future engagements
- Forward Line Operation (FLO) training for 12 vs. 12 players. These larger mission-based exercises require players to use several skills learned in their Battledrills to achieve success
- New weapons such as M9 and Remington 870 MCS shotgun and M14EBR-RI sniper rifle, which join AA favorites such as the M4/M4A1 and the M249 light machine gun
- Situational awareness for spotting the enemies
- Weapon suppression which adds a new level of strategy to play
- A Supported Fire system for steadying or resting weapons to help with aim
- Self aid where players can stabilize themselves and get back into the battle quicker
- A more advanced hardcore mode
- New versions of AA fan favorite maps including Hospital and Bridge
Set in a fictional country, The Republic of the Ostregals, players are in the role of an 11B Infantryman practicing combat maneuvers at JTC Griffin, a fabricated training MOUT (military operations on urban terrain) environment created by Conex modular containers and found materials. This training is crucial to the player’s success as part of a Long Range Combined Arms – Recon (LRCA-R) unit, a full spectrum capable team that embarks on special operations missions behind enemy lines.
Thank you America’s Army for providing us with this information.
Image courtesy of America’s Army.