Android 4.3 Jelly Bean Available for HTC One Handsets
Gabriel Roşu / 4 years ago
Great news for HTC One users as the Android 4.3 Jelly Bean updated has started to be available for OTA download. It is reported also that the HTC One will run smoother and faster with the new 4.3 OS than the Samsung competitor, the Galaxy S4.
The update started to become available to unlocked HTC One devices on the 28th of September and carrier locked phones will soon be given the update later on (if not already received). It is worth noting that Android 4.4 KitKat will soon be available in October, so updates are on the roll for android users.
The main improvements that users will see in the new Android 4.3 update for HTC One are:
- Improved colour contrast in low-light environments using the camera
- New battery charging animation in power-off state
- Video highlights can now feature soundtracks
- New radios
- Several bug fixes
- Improved overall system performance
Aside from the modifications and improvements provided by HTC to the One smartphone, the new firmware features several Jelly Bean goodies from the Android 4.3 version.
Some features owners should expect from the new software update are as follows:
- OpenGL ES 3.0 version for realistic and high performance 3D graphics rendering
- Virtual surround sound powered by Fraunhofer Cingo – Beats Audio technology may have overridden this
- Bluetooth Low Energy and compatibility with Bluetooth Smart accessories
- Improved dial pad functionality with Autocomplete
- Better keyboard and text input
- Wi-Fi only location scanning
- Disabled apps tab found in the “Settings > Applications”
- Additional language support
- Enhanced photo daydream
- Faster switching from the lock screen