Antec Launch Their BitCoin Mining Friendly HCP-1300 Platinum PSU In Europe
Peter Donnell / 6 years ago
Antec have just revealed the launch and availability of their new HCP-1300 Platinum series power supply. Targeted at the high-end computer market, the HCP-1300 is a serious contender for those wanting to draw some some massive performance figures from their system, especially when it comes to tasks like powering four ultra-high end graphics cards, overclocked processors and a whole lot more.
Antec’s High Current Pro Platinum series offers a fully modular design, which will help a lot with cable routing and management, as well as ensuring you’re not dealing with any more cables than you absolutely need to. The revolutionary 20+8-pin MBU socket ensures it’ll meet the demands of the latest generation and next generation of components. The HCP-1300’s innovative 16-pin sockets create a new level of flexibility by doubling the modular connectivity, supporting two different 8-pins connectors and allowing for future connector changes.
Another great feature is the promise of around 94% efficiency, meaning that the HCP-1300 Platinum PSU can reduce your electricity bills by up to 25% when compared to other leading power supplies. Highest-quality components, 100% Japanese-made capacitors, and a quiet 135mm double ball bearing fan complete the package. The CircuitShield™ protection circuitry makes the HCP-1300 safe and reliable in any environment. The product has a superb seven-year warranty with 24/7 global online support service.
Bitcoin miners will be happy to hear that the PSU also features OC Link™. This allows 2 HCP Platinum’s to work in tandem to power the most demanding systems, 2600w of power anyone? Very handy when your stacking up eight or more graphics cards for an epic mining build and when you combine that with higher efficiency, you’re mining returns should look that little bit sweeter at the end of the money.
“Antec Power supplies have always been known for their high quality, functionality and reliability,” says Jerome Francois, European Sales Director at Antec, Inc. “The Antec HCP-1300 Platinum PSUs are not only quieter and energy efficient, but also equipped to provide customers with enhanced flexibility and a complete modular cable design to ensure a rewarding, high-performance experience.”
- Guaranteed 1300W Continuous Power
- 80 PLUS® PLATINUM certified – Up to 94% efficient, to reduce your electricity bill
- Save Energy and reduce your electricity bill by up to 25%
- AQ7 – Antec Quality 7-year warranty and lifetime global 24/7 support
- 16-pin Socket – Industry-leading 16-pin sockets double the modular connectivity by supporting 2 different
- 8-pin cables per socket and allow for future connector changes
- 28(20+8)-pin MBU socket – World’s first socket for possible future MBU connectors
- 135mm DBB Silence – Whisper-quiet, high-quality, long lasting, double ball bearing fan
- Thermal Manager – An advanced low voltage fan control for optimal heat & noise management
- High Current Rails – 4 High Current +12V rails with high load capabilities ensure
- Maximum CPU & GPU compatibility
- 100% +12V – Output for maximum CPU & GPU support
- Multi PCI-E – 10 PCI-E connectors for multiple GPU support
- OC Link™ – Allows 2 HCP Platinum’s to work in tandem to power the most demanding systems
- CircuitShield™ – Full suite of industrial grade protections: Over Current Protection (OCP), Over Voltage Protection (OVP), Under Voltage Protection (UVP), Short Circuit Protection (SCP), Over Power Protection (OPP), Over Temperature Protection (OTP), Surge & Inrush Protection (SIP), No Load Operation (NLO) & Brown-Out Protection (BOP)
- All Japanese Heavy-Duty Caps – All high-performance Japanese capacitors ensure tightest DC stability and regulation
- Phase Wave™ Design – A server-class full-bridge LLC design with a synchronous
- Rectification based on a DC-DC topology
- Stealth Wires – All wires darkened for minimal visibility in chassis
A quick Google has found the PSU for around £320 here in the UK, not cheap at all, but when you scale it to the cost of the kind of system this will be powering as well as the ultra high efficiency it offers, it soon starts to make sense.
Thank you Antec for providing us with this information.
Images courtesy of Antec.