AOC 27P2C 27″ KVM IPS Monitor Review
Peter Donnell / 2 months ago
AOC is one of the biggest names in the monitor world, and I’ve certainly reviewed a fair few of their models over the years! However, while many of the ones we focus on tend to be gaming monitors, today is a change of pace. The AOC 27P2C is a monitor built for the office. However, since we have swapped the corporate HQ for our dining rooms, spare bedroom, or that nook under the stairs, I’m sure many of you are looking for a decent at-home work monitor too. However, this monitor also has some interesting options that could make it a worthy 2nd display too.
AOC 27P2C 27
The AOC 27P2C 27 may not be a fully-featured gaming monitor, but that doesn’t mean it isn’t well equipped. It comes with a modest Full HD 1920 x 1080 panel that runs at 75hz with Adaptive Sync; 2K and 4K models are available. It uses IPS technology to give it great colour reproduction and also features massive viewing angles of 178°/178°. Connectivity is excellent, too, with HDMI, DisplayPort, and USB-C ports, ensuring you can hook up your PC, laptop, and mobile devices easily enough. There’s also a built-in USB 3.2 hub with KVM functionality, so you can use the same peripherals and display for multiple systems simultaneously; perfect if you have a home system and a separate work system! Finally, there’s a full suite of ergonomic adjustments, allowing you to tilt, swivel, rotate and adjust the height to suit your needs.
- Full Ergonomics – Feel the comfort! AOC’s height, tilt and swivel-adjustable stands help you find the most comfortable and healthy position.
- USB-C – Simplify the connections with one cable only. The USB-C connection provides DisplayPort Alternate Mode for transferring high-resolution video signals from a notebook to the monitor while simultaneously charging the notebook’s battery from the monitor with USB power delivery. Additionally, the USB 3.1 ensures lightning-fast data transmission, so even transferring a 4K movie can be done in less than one minute.
- Three-Year Warranty – AOC stands behind the quality of each and every monitor with a generous three-year warranty starting from the original date of purchase. Within the warranty period, any AOC displays with manufacturing defects or faulty components will be repaired or replaced at no additional charge. Read the complete AOC warranty statement for more information.
- Pivot – Thanks to its pivot function, your monitor can be rotated by 180° from landscape into portrait mode, especially useful for desktop publishing.
- KVM – Share one single keyboard, mouse and monitor between multiple computers with KVM switch hardware.
- Wide viewing angle – Wide Viewing Angle features display colour accurately at viewing angles of up to 178°. This way, it does not matter where you choose to view it from, colors will be displayed perfectly.
Simplify the connections with one cable only. The USB-C connection provides DisplayPort Alternate Mode for transferring high-resolution video signals from a notebook to the monitor while simultaneously charging the notebook’s battery from the monitor with USB power delivery. Additionally, the USB 3.1 ensures lightning-fast data transmission, so even transferring a 4K movie can be done in less than one minute.
What AOC Had to Say
“The perfect choice for today’s seeking to make the most of every work day, the 27P2C offers a flat 27” IPS/3FL panel with Full HD resolution and wide viewing angles of 178°/178°. Its elegant 3-sided frameless display features a built-in KVM switch. Highly connectable, this model is compatible with HDMI, DP, and USB-C technology, includes a USB 3.2 hub, and offers users an array of comfort options such as a fully adjustable, tiltable, swivelable stand as well as eye-friendly technologies like Low Blue Mode and Flicker-Free.” – AOC