AOC AG273QXP 27″ 170Hz Gaming Monitor Review
Peter Donnell / 5 months ago
There’s no shortage of truly awesome gaming monitors right now, but there’s always room for more! Especially the new AOC AG273QXP, which promises a few nice tricks that certainly make it stand out from the crowd. AOC is one of the leaders in high-performance gaming monitors, but their latest one really looks like it’s finely tuned to excel, with exceptional colour reproduction, a high refresh rate, and interestingly, a built-in hood to help shield the screen from reflections. What’s more, it does all this for just under £300, and that’s certainly enough to grab my own attention.
The AOC AG273QXP is well equipped for every type of gaming out there, as well as being ready for content creators thanks to a combination of a high refresh rate and excellent colour reproduction from its 10-bit panel. It has a lightning-fast 1 ms response time, a 170 Hz (however some parts of the product page and retailers have it listed as 144 and even 165 Hz) refresh rate, and FreeSync Premium Pro giving it a solid base-level performance. It’ll reproduce sRGB Coverage @ 133%, Adobe RGB Coverage 98% and NTSC coverage at 94 %. That’s the same as 104% DCI-P3, and if all that was utter nonsense to read, it means that the colours on this monitor should be pretty sublime, with a nice extended range.
- Resolution: 2560×1440
- Nano IPS: Nano IPS technology involves nanoparticles which are applied to a LED backlight of an IPS-panel display. These particles absorb excessive light wavelengths in order to increase the colour gamut of a display.
- 170Hz: A 170Hz refresh rate, well over twice the industry standard of 60Hz, makes games run smooth as silk. Realize the potential in your graphics card. Forget screen tearing and forget motion blur. Feel your reflexes become one with the action. Never look back.
- 1ms: 1ms response time equals speed without the smear for an enhanced experience. Fast-moving action and dramatic transitions will be rendered smoothly without the effects of ghosting.
- Freesync Premium Pro: Enjoy the best quality visuals even in fast-paced games. The AMD FreeSync Premium Technology ensures that the GPU’s and monitor’s refresh rates are synchronised, which provides a fluid, tear-free gaming experience at the highest performance. The AMD FreeSync Premium features a refresh rate of a minimum 120Hz, decreasing blur and sharpening the picture for a more life-like experience. The LFC feature eliminates the risk of stutter in case the frame rate drops below the refresh rate.
- Display HDR 400: Even the lowest level of High Dynamic Range (HDR) feature poses a significant upgrade to common monitors. The peak luminance of 400 cd/m² enables your display to hone the picture quality with a manifold colour spectrum and more diverse contrast
- Screen Shield: The built-in AOC Screen Shield eliminates shadows and glare from external light sources for optimal visibility of your in-game action.
What AOC Had to Say
“The AOC AG273QXP is the perfect gaming monitor for any genre. Its 27” flat panel displays stunningly lush and realistic colours thanks to its new Nano-IPS technology. On top of that, 1 ms response time and 170 Hz refresh rate convey action on screen faster than ever before” – AOC