AOC GH300 RGB Surround Gaming Headset Review
Peter Donnell / 1 year ago
AOC is best known for being one of the top display manufacturers in the world. From their humble budget models to their flagship AGON gaming series, they’ve got something for everyone. However, now they’re pushing to take up another few spots on your desktop, with the release of a series of new keyboards, mice, headsets, and even some mouse mats. Today, I’ll be taking a look at the new AOC GH300 Gaming Headset, which costs around £40, so it’s sure to appeal to those on a higher budget, but it’s still enough of an investment that we should see some nice features and hear some competitive performance.
AOC GH300 Gaming Headset
What’s really caught my attention on this headset, is that despite the modest price, it features 50mm drivers, virtual surround 7.1 processing, and most exciting of all, Hi-Fi audio support at 24bits and 96kHz, making it one of the most affordable models on the market to do so. Beyond that, you get PU leather, RGB lighting, a built-in microphone and even an in-line controller. This headset is certainly ticking all the right boxes.
- A 50 mm driver enables rich sound with intense and particularly clear bass. Experience first-class sound quality in every gaming session, in the office or while listening to your favourite songs
- The RGB lighting sets the scene for the headphones with numerous colours. The RGB effects are adapted to the rest of the gaming environment with the help of the AOC Audio Center
- The built-in microphone records omnidirectionally, meaning it collects sound waves from all directions, allowing you to communicate clearly and concisely with your teammates
- The artificial leather with padding made of memory foam ensures a high level of comfort – even during long sessions on the PC
- The integrated and easily accessible control panel lets you mute the microphone with just one click, while the volume can be easily adjusted at any time with the help of the wheel. An additional switch is used to switch the RGB lighting on and off
What AOC Had to Say
“Communication is key when it comes to multiplayer games, and the perfect sound to dive into virtual realms in casual titles is the cherry on top. The AOC GH300 has a boom detachable microphone with a LED that signals if you’re muted. A 7.1 Virtual Surround Stereo feature for PC creates multi-layered audio with which you can pinpoint sound sources in-game with extreme precision. Its RGB lightning can be changed via AOC Audio Center. Supports High-Fidelity sound quality (24bits/96KHz audio).” – AOC