ARK Survival Evolved Now Has Win10 and Xbox One Cross-Play
Ron Perillo / 1 month ago
ARK: Survival Evolved is now available from the Microsoft Windows 10 Store as an Xbox Play Anywhere game. What this means is that the game now has cross-play compatibility with Xbox counterparts. That’s right. Players on PC can play with or against Xbox players, like the way video games are supposed to be. Users who play on both platforms can even switch between their Xbox One or Windows PC. It will share their progress, Gamerscore, DLC and achievements under just one account.
The downside is that the price is higher on the Microsoft Store right now at its regular price. While the Steam version is 60% off at only £19.99. The bundle with the main game plus the Season Pass which includes the latest Aberration DLC is also 51% off at Steam. The Aberration expansion pack introduces new creatures, beautiful new maps, new building mechanics, new storyline and more.
ARK: Survival Evolved Xbox Patch Notes
- Aberrant dinos set to downloadable on non-Aberration servers.
- Fix for Aberration player dedicated servers not saving.
- Added Basilisk saddle to Smithy-type crafting stations where it was meant to be.
- Fixed some Lantern Pet inventories mistakenly being flagged as Tribute Inventories.
- Fixed server language crash
- Reduced Cavewolf damage by approximately 40%
- Increased Wild Basilisk HP by 50%
- Increased Wild Reaper King Damages by 300%
- Made Aqua Shroom properly restore Water stat
- Added Nameless to certain areas of Biolum Chamber where they were missing
- Removed Piranhas from starting-area pool
- Fixed case where Aberration Endboss sometimes wouldn’t appear on clients, also fixed similar issue with Ragnarok Endbosses
- Fix for Sarcos spawning in beginner portal pool
- Wild non-alpha Reaper Kings no longer grant XP
- Platform switch collision improvement allows you to easily directly climb onto it with a ladder attached to the elevator track
- Wood elevator platform weight limit increased
- Wood elevator can now be lifted while it’s falling to stop it, and you can now repeatedly click the lift command without having to re-open the action wheel
- Postprocessing Error fix
- Fixed a crash when looking at Turrets set to Survivors and Mounted Players
ARK: Survival Evolved PC System Requirements
- OS: Windows 7/8.1/10 (64-bit versions)
- Processor: Intel Core i5-2400/AMD FX-8320 or better
- Memory: 8 GB RAM
- Graphics: NVIDIA GTX 670 2GB/AMD Radeon HD 7870 2GB or better
- DirectX: Version 10
- Storage: 60 GB available space
- Additional Notes: Requires broadband internet connection for multiplayer