Assassin’s Creed Valhalla Update 1.4.0 Patch Notes Released
Peter Donnell / 8 months ago
Ubisoft has just revealed the latest update for Assassin’s Creed Valhalla, launching on PC today! However, the update will also come to the various Xbox and PlayStation platforms too, with some platform-specific fixes available for each too. The new update comes in at 20GB, so not too horrendous, and while it comes with the usual suite of fixes and improvements, it also adds four new Tombs of the Fallen to the game, as well as support for the Oskoreia Festival. There’s also the addition of two new skills, adding Perfect Parry and Master Counter Roll to your arsenal.
Assassin’s Creed Valhalla Update 1.4.0
- Added four new Tombs of the Fallen to the game.
- Four puzzle-focused tombs are waiting to be uncovered across England. Did someone say Odin Rune?
- Unlock two new trophies/achievements upon completing one or three Tombs of the Fallen, respectively.
- Added in-game support for the Oskoreia Festival to the game.
Ubisoft are including a lot of quality of life improvements to the game too, as well as enhancing some things, such as the Bow Stun Finisher. Overall though, a lot of it boils down to graphical fixes, texture improvements, and addressing animation glitches, lighting issues, NPC behaviour, etc.
The update will be automatically downloaded via the UPLAY or Epic Store launchers when you boot up, so remember to get in there a little early to allow time for it to download before you play.
Title Update 1.4.0 will be deployed on all supported platforms on November 9, 2021, at 12 pm UTC/GMT, 1 pm CET, 7 am EDT, 4 am PDT, and 11 pm AEDT.
- Xbox Series X|S: 25 GB
- Xbox One: 20 GB
- PlayStation 5: 6.75 GB
- PlayStation 4: 4.55 GB
- PC: 20.31 GB
Assassin’s Creed Valhalla Title Update 1.4.0 Release Notes
Main Quests, World Events, and Side Activities
- Unable to interact with AxeHead.
- Unable to escort convey in quest “Old Friends,” marker did not move.
- Cavalier/Heavy Cavalry stopped fighting when the player was mounted on a Horse and was further away.
- Basim and Sigurd didn’t follow the player in Brewing Rebellion.
- Quest NPC could be beneath the world in The Thegn of Lincoln.
- Cordial Invitation couldn’t be started due to a dead NPC.
- Orwig Neverdeath didn’t spawn in Hordafylke.
- Couldn’t interact with NPC during Edmund’s Arrow world event.
- Couldn’t defeat boss in Binding Fate due to them spawning underground.
- “New Avenge Quest” celebration repeatedly appeared on the screen when looting or interacting with objects near the avenge corpse without picking up the quest.
- Unable to pick up Arc of Elan in the longhouse.
- “Exploration Area” did not disappear when tracking another quest.
- Discovery Tour: Viking Age – Quest objective didn’t update in A Barter for Peace.
- River Raids – Removed fish to balance ration availability.
- Wrath of the Druids – Unable to interact with letter in Flann Sinna’s tent during Courting the Kings quest.
- BattleCry didn’t affect alpha animals during fights.
- Missing vibration or haptic feedback on PS5 after version 1.3.2.
- Level 2 Axe Fury did not receive intended ability modifiers.
- Numerous NPC behavior issues.
- Weapon perks not activating correctly or activating outside of their intended conditions.
- Numerous clipping issues.
- Some 1H swords could cost more to upgrade than others.
- Animals didn’t go into the stunned stance emptying their defence bar with melee attacks.
- Fish could be seen teleporting when fishing under certain conditions.
- Helmets could still be displayed during some cutscenes, even when not intended.
- Eivor was unable to perform a forward roll when jumping from a height using M&K.
- Players can now toggle walk/run state during auto movement.
You can check out the full changelog here.