ASUS Prime X670E-Pro WiFi Motherboard Review
Peter Donnell / 9 months ago
We’re big fans of ASUS hardware here at eTeknix, as it’s often some of the best enthusiast hardware on the market! While the flagship RoG motherboards are very desirable, they straight-up murder your wallet with their high prices. So what about getting most of those thrills at a more acceptable price? That sounds like a great idea! At around £370, the ASUS Prime X670E-Pro WiFi is not a cheap motherboard, but in terms of how many features you get for your investment, it’s packing some serious heat.
ASUS Prime X670E-Pro WiFi
This is a great-looking motherboard, which is certainly a benefit, but it’s the hardware I’m really interested in. You get a competent 14+2 power stage design, large heatsinks, and their combination of ally chokes and durable capacitors for improved overclocking and stability. You’ll find PCIe 5.0, USB 3.2 Gen2x2, Type-C, USB4, the latest WiFi and LAN standards, and a whole host of features to enhance everything from cooling to audio. Really, there’s not a lot this board does that the significantly more expensive RoG boards can do, VRM and cooling may not be as significant, but honestly, it hardly looks like it’s lacking here.
- AMD AM5 socket: Ready for AMD Ryzen 7000 series desktop processors
- Enhanced power solution: 14+2 teamed power stages, ProCool sockets, alloy chokes and durable capacitors for stable power delivery
- Next-gen connectivity: PCIe 5.0, USB 3.2 Gen2x2 Type-C, front USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-C, USB4 support, WiFi 6E, Realtek 2.5 Gb Ethernet, and LANGuard
- Exclusive overclocking technology: AI Overclocking, Dynamic OC Switcher, and Core Flex
- Comprehensive cooling: Large VRM heatsinks, M.2 heatsinks, PCIe Slot Q-Release, M.2 Q-Latch, BIOS FlashBack, hybrid fan headers and Fan Xpert 4 with AI Cooling II
- Two-way AI Noise Cancelation: Reduces background noise from the microphone and audio output for crystal-clear communication in games or video conferences
What ASUS To Say
“ASUS Prime series motherboards are expertly engineered to unleash the full potential of the latest AMD Ryzen 7000-series processors. Boasting a robust power design, comprehensive cooling solutions and intelligent tuning options, PRIME X670E-PRO WIFI provides users and PC DIY builders with a range of performance optimizations via intuitive software and firmware features. The ASUS PRIME X670E-PRO WIFI offers this all in a sleek, futuristic-looking package centred around a spaceship design aesthetic, with a silver-toned nameplate and chipset cover.” – ASUS
If you want to see our full video going through this, you can do so below.