Asus Reveals WS C422 Pro SE Motherboard
Cernescu Andrei / 3 years ago
Asus introduces a new LGA2066 motherboard.
We’re talking about the WS C422 Pro SE model, which aims to expand Asus’s workstation-class lineup. Those of you who are familiar with Asus’ products will immediately notice similarities with the WS X299 Pro SE. That’s because the WS C422 Pro SE looks exactly like it. Apparently, the main difference between the two involves the chipset. The one that we’re talking about today was designed for Intel’s C422 chipset, meaning that it supports Intel Xeon W (“Skylake-W”) processors. Moreover, the product will appeal to workstation builders that need that ECC memory support.
Just in case you’re not too familiar with Skylake-W chips, we’re here to shed some light on the matter. This enterprise variant of the Skylake-X silicon is compatible with up to 512 GB of ECC quad-channel DDR4 memory. It can also have up to 18 CPU cores, by the way. The Asus motherboard above also provides support for 512 GB of quad-channel DDR4 memory and ECC. A closer look reveals that it includes eight memory slots, which are also its main selling point. Apart from these particular features, the board is basically identical to the WS X299 Pro SE.
Here’s a more generous list of specifications:
- Powered by Intel® Xeon® W processor with ECC memory.
- ASUS Control Center – A software utility that provides convenient, secure and cost-saving centralized IT management for small and medium businesses.
- Server-grade design with built-in dual Intel Gigabit LAN.
- Next-gen transfer speeds – Up to 32Gbps dual M.2 and U.2, plus up to 10Gbps USB 3.1 Type-A and Type-C connections.
- Ultimate graphics power with 2/3-Way NVIDIA® SLI™ and AMD® Crossfire X™.
- Ultra-efficient VRM heatsink – Metal fin array connected to large surface area via a heatpipe tames C422 thermals to enable unthrottled performance.