ASUS RoG Gladius II Optical Gaming Mouse Review
Peter Donnell / 6 years ago
ASUS may be better known for their high-end graphics cards and motherboards, but when it comes to their RoG branding, they take all aspects of gaming very seriously. We’ve already seen two truly incredible gaming mice in the last few years. First we had the extremely fancy Spatha, and then the slick and focused SICA. Now ASUS are back again, with their feature packed Gladius II Optical Gaming Mouse, and I’m eager to see what it has to offer.
Ergonomic optical gaming mouse optimised for FPS gaming featuring easy-swap switch socket, Aura Sync RGB lighting and DPI target thumb button
Exclusive easy-swap switch socket design
Mouse buttons and switches — especially switches on gaming mice — take the most abuse. ROG Gladius II features an exclusive push-fit socket design that allows you to easily change switches to customise click resistance while extending the lifespan of the mouse by replacing worn or broken switches.
Dominate and illuminate
ROG Gladius II is designed to dominate – and it looks the part with aggressive aesthetics and ASUS Aura Sync RGB lighting. The proprietary Aura Sync lighting lets you customise and sync light effects with other Aura Sync-ready gear to complete the look of your battle station!
Whether you’re camping out in a sniper nest or hunting down the enemy, the DPI target button is your best ally. You can switch sensitivity settings simply by holding down the DPI target button, which lowers the DPI for more accurate sniping, or raises it for faster scrolling across the screen. Default DPI settings return as soon as the button is released.
Equipped with swappable LMB and RMB switches, allowing you to tune the performance to your liking, Aura Sync RGB lighting so you can get matching colours between your GPU, Motherboard and peripherals! a high-end 12000 DPI optical sensor, and much more; this is one very well equipped mouse!
- Exclusive easy-swap switch socket design offers customisable click resistance and extends the lifespan of the mouse
- Customisable ASUS Aura Sync RGB lighting
- DPI button to toggle sensitivity, while the DPI target thumb button provides short instances of precision
- Omron switches with 50-million-click durability, plus two extra Japanese-made Omron switches for a different feel
- Advanced 12000 DPI optical sensor, 250 IPS, 50g acceleration and 1000Hz USB polling rate for fast and accurate tracking
- Detachable cable and ROG travel pouch for convenient portability and storage
- Exclusive ROG Armoury interface for easy customisation of button, performance and lighting settings
Packaging and Accessories
The box is simple, yet stylish, with a clear photo of the mouse on the front, showing off that lovely RGB lighting.
Around the back, a quick breakdown of the main features and specifications.
The box also opens out, allowing you a sneaky peak at the actual hardware.
In the box, you’ll find all the usual documentation, a cool ASUS sticker, a protective pouch for the mouse, and the mouse its self.
Tucked away in the bag, you’ll find a lightweight and shorter USB cable, ideal for eSports and gaming notebook use. You’ll also find a much longer braided cable which is ideal for desktop use.