ASUS RoG STRIX X370-I Gaming Ryzen Motherboard Review
Peter Donnell / 1 month ago
ASUS RoG STRIX X370-I
The Ryzen CPU range has been with us a while now, and it certainly left us here at eTeknix impressed. I myself invested in the 1700X and I have no regrets about its multi-tasking and gaming performance for my day-to-day usage. There are a lot of cool motherboards on the market too, but only a handful of Mini-ITX solutions. ASUS and their RoG branding are a big hit with gamers and system builders around the world, so when I heard they had a new Mini-ITX solution coming to market, I simply had to give it a test!
Equipped with support for all of the latest and upcoming AM4 processors, the X370-I Gaming is hardly lacking features despite its compact size. It features a unique design that houses high-end audio hardware on an M.2 mount, meaning you won’t be making compromises. This includes support for SupremeFX, Sonic Studio III, and Sonic Radar III. If that wasn’t enough, you’ll also find dual M.2 mounts, USB 3.1, Gigabit LAN, ultra-fast WiFi, easy overclocking, RGB lighting and much more. Not bad for a tiny motherboard, and it’s sure to appeal to a gaming market.
- Supports AMD AM4-socket Ryzen™ processors, 7th Generation A-series APUs and Athlon™ ACPUs.
- Gaming innovation: Discrete M.2 Audio Combo Card delivers clean audio and alleviates board space for more features.
- SupremeFX audio: Renowned audio performance with intuitive Sonic Studio III and Sonic Radar III.
- Gaming connectivity: Dual M.2 and USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type-A connectors.
- Gaming networking: Intel Gigabit Ethernet, LANGuard, GameFirst and 2×2 802.11ac Wi-Fi with MU-MIMO support.
- 5-Way Optimization: One-click system-wide overclocking and cooling.
- Aura Sync RGB: Synchronize LED lighting with a vast portfolio of compatible PC gear, including addressable RGB strip.
- Gaming durability: ASUS SafeSlot and premium components for maximum durability.
What ASUS Had to Say
“ROG Strix X370-I Gaming draws on the proud legacy of our renowned Pro Gaming series by packing acclaimed ROG innovations into a mini-ITX motherboard that’s as sleek, small and stylish as it is powerful — ready for you to create a gaming rig that rivals anything built around a bigger board! Experience the all-new ROG M.2 Audio Combo Card that both frees up space and delivers crystal-clear audio, push performance to the limits with 5-Way optimization, and up the aesthetic ante with Aura Sync illumination. Join the Republic with ROG Strix X370-I Gaming and dominate your game!” – ASUS
For the full specifications, please visit the official product page here.
What’s in the Box
In the box, you’ll find all the usual documentation, as well as the driver CD. There’s also a collection of SATA cables, lighting extensions, cable ties, the Wi-Fi antenna, and a black backplate. Overall, that’s everything you need to get you started. So, let’s jump in and take a closer look at what’s on offer.