ASUS ROG STRIX Z590-E Gaming WiFi Motherboard Review
Ben Enos / 10 months ago
This is the fourth out of five boards I am reviewing for ASUS alone for the 11th Gen Intel Launch. While I may be a day behind the launch, we are getting there! This time we have the ROG STRIX Z590-E Gaming WiFi motherboard. ROG STRIX is known as probably one of the top brands in the PC Gaming sector and while some may joke about ‘ROG TAX’ there is no denying the quality and performance that they have to offer. ROG STRIX boards are generally feature-rich and easy on the eyes, some might even throw around words like sleek and sexy when describing them.
ASUS ROG STRIX Z590-E Gaming WiFi
We’ve seen some nice new features from 11th Gen CPUs and the Z590 chipset and the Z590-E is going to bring them to gamers everywhere. The Z590-E is going to bring us WiFi 6E, multiple PCIe 4.0 M.2 slots, 128GB DDR4 support, amazing audio and much more! When looking at it on paper, it looks to be a great board with plenty of features and functionality so let’s take a closer look and see exactly what we are getting from the Z590-E.
- Ready for 11th Gen Intel® Core™ processors & 10th Gen Intel® Core™, Pentium® Gold and Celeron® Processors
- Optimal Power Solution: 14+2 power stages with ProCool II power connector, high-quality alloy chokes and durable capacitors to support multi-core processors
- Optimized Thermal Design: VRM and aluminum I/O heatsink, L-shaped heatpipe, four onboard M.2 heatsinks and an M.2 backplate for the PCIe 4.0 M.2 slot
- High-performance Networking: On-board Intel® WiFi 6E AX210 (802.11ax) and dual Intel® 2.5 Gb Ethernet with ASUS LANGuard
- Best Gaming Connectivity: Supports HDMI™ 2.0 and DisplayPort 1.4 output, four M.2 slots, as well as USB 3.2 Gen 2×2 USB Type-C®
- Intelligent Control: ASUS-exclusive tools AI Overclocking, AI Cooling, AI Networking and Two-Way AI Noise Cancelation to simplify setup and improve performance
- DIY Friendly Design: M.2 Q-Latch, pre-mounted I/O shield, BIOS FlashBack™, Clr CMOS button, Q-Code and FlexKey
- Unmatched Personalization: ASUS-exclusive Aura Sync RGB lighting, including RGB header and Gen 2 addressable headers
- Industry-leading Gaming Audio: ALC4080 with Savitech SV3H712 amplifier, along with DTS® Sound Unbound and Sonic Studio III
- Renowned Software: Bundled 60 days AIDA64 Extreme subscription and intuitive UEFI BIOS dashboard with integrated MemTest86
For in-depth specifications, please visit the official Manufacturer Motherboard product page here.
Looking to purchase? Check it out on
Inside the box, we have the normal manuals, outdated driver disk, SATA cables and a few other cables and screws. We also have a ROG keychain, zip ties, our WiFi 65E Antenna and that’s about it.