ASUS TUF Gaming Z490-PLUS (Wi-Fi) Motherboard Review
Peter Donnell / 9 months ago
I’m a huge fan of the ASUS TUF series, it’s always been a byword for quality and value. It was once TUF as in TOUGH for their durable hard-wearing products, and that’s still true in many ways. However, with TUF Gaming Alliance, it’s also about support, stability and ease of use. If something is TUF Alliance, it’ll all be compatible, the aesthetics will match, and so on. Plus, this is set to be one of the boards for the wider gaming market, still offering a few enthusiast features, but keeping things such as the price a little more grounded and accessible.
ASUS TUF Gaming Z490-PLUS (Wi-Fi) Motherboard
It’s not exactly spartan though, offering up a 12+2 DrMOS Power Stage, Digi+ VRM, and a 6-layer PCB. It’s should be more than enough to get great performance from the latest Intel CPUs. There’s also a good set of their VRM heatsinks, plenty of connectivity with USB C and Thunderbolt 3, M.2, and even Realtek S1200A audio. So while it’s not a flagship motherboard, it’s still ticking a lot of premium boxes.
- Intel® LGA 1200 socket: Ready for 10th Gen Intel® Core™ processors
- Enhanced power solution: 12+2 DrMOS power stages, 6-layer PCB, ProCool sockets, military-grade TUF components, and Digi+ VRM for maximum durability
- Comprehensive cooling: VRM heatsink, PCH fanless heatsink, M.2 heatsink, hybrid fan headers and Fan Xpert 4 utility
- Next-gen connectivity: Front header for USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-C and Thunderbolt 3™ support
- Made for online gaming: Intel® WiFi 6, Intel® Ethernet Connection I219-V, TUF LANGuard and TurboLAN technology
- Realtek S1200A codec: Pristine audio quality with unprecedented 108 dB signal-to-noise ratio for stereo line out and 103 dB SNR for line in
- Aura Sync RGB: Synchronisable LED effects across a vast portfolio of compatible PC gear, including addressable RGB strips
What ASUS Had to Say
“TUF Gaming Z490-Plus (WiFi) distils essential elements of the latest Intel® platform and combines them with game-ready features and proven durability. Engineered with military-grade components, an upgraded power solution and a comprehensive set of cooling options, this motherboard delivers rock-solid performance with unwavering gaming stability. When you build with a TUF Gaming motherboard, you also benefit from the TUF Gaming Alliance — an ASUS collaboration with trusted industry partners that ensures easier building, the best compatibility, and complementary aesthetics from components to case.” – ASUS
Z490 Motherboard Reviews
Of course, today is the launch of the new Z490 motherboards as well as the new 10th Gen CPUs from Intel. Check out all of our Z490 reviews below.