ASUSTOR Announces Official Launch of ADM 3.0
Bohs Hansen / 2 years ago
ASUSTOR announced the official launch of ADM 3.0, the companies latest firmware and UI version for their NAS devices. ADM 3.0 brings a lot of improvements and also some fixes, as it is the case with all new software versions.
“Since the launch of the ADM 3.0 Beta, we have consistently been receiving great feedback for its intuitive and easy to use interface,” said Leon Huang, Product Manager at ASUSTOR. “The invaluable feedback that we have received during beta testing has allowed us to successfully launch this official version. We encourage all ASUSTOR NAS users to upgrade to the new official ADM 3.0 in order to enjoy all of the latest features from ASUSTOR.”
ASUSTOR Data Master (ADM) 3.0
ADM 3.0 has been in beta for a while, and the first units which feature ADM 3.0 natively are on the market too. But now, everyone with an ASUSTOR NAS can benefit from this upgrade. I just upgraded my own NAS, and it went as smooth as any previous update.
ADM 3.0 enhances the ASUSTOR NAS experience with a freshly redesigned interface that creates an intuitive tablet-like usage experience while also integrating Internet Passthrough functionality. The operating system and user interface has always been designed to look and operate like mobile systems, and that feel is better than ever with the latest version.
New User Interface Options
ADM now supports different screen resolutions better, where users can choose between three desktop icon layout configurations (5×3, 6×3, 7×4). Grouping of apps is also part of ADM 3.0. There is a desktop icon list and also support for the creation of desktop snapshots along with a restore function.
The desktop background themes are customisable, and users can change them according to preferences. Users can also upload their own images to use those as the desktop background. The interface font and window button colours can now also be customised.
Media Support in File Explorer
Another new feature in ADM 3.0 is the ability to browse photos and play music straight from the File Explorer app. The play-music function isn’t just limited to a single song either; it will work with multiple ones too.
Customisable Desktop Widgets
The desktop widgets to monitor the system in real–time can now also be customised by the system administrators. Among the available widgets are functions for the Storage Manager, Activity Monitor, online users, and important logs.
Seagate IronWolf Health Management
As you might have read in our news the other day, ASUSTOR now also supports Seagate’s IronWolf Health Management functions. The IHM functions don’t just report trouble once the problem has arrived, such as SMART does. IHM actually helps with the prevention of trouble by predicting it and warning you in advance.
What’s New? (since ADM 2.7.3.RI21)
- Flexibly designed desktop
- Desktop icon grouping, desktop shortcuts
- System announcements
- Widgets for efficient real-time monitoring
- ADM online help assistant
- Support Internet Passthrough function
- Preinstalled Apps for Home and Business Use
- Refreshed Login Page Design
- Seagate IronWolf Health Management feature added
- Added music, and photo player in File Explorer
- Added support quota can be set to less than 1GB
- Support quota size less than 1GB
- Unable to update firmware to a previous version
- Rollback firmware is not supported
- Added support for ASUSTOR expansion box -AS6004U
- Smart indication for App and ADM updated
- Support SNMP UPS
- Upgrade Apache HTTP Server from 2.2.31 to 2.4.25
- Update Nginx for fixing security vulnerability CVE-2017-7529
- Fixed CVE-2017-7494 Samba vulnerability
- Fixed Linux kernel (CVE-2017-7308) security vulnerability
- Issue fixed “Storage Manager Menu, RAID migration issue”
- Fixed issue “error displaying Disk Usage info of Activity Monitor”
- Issue fixed “after upgrading from ADM 2.7 to ADM 3.0, External Backup mission disappeared”
- Fixed issue “Fan speed of AS6302T/AS6404T abnormally high”
- Improve the file check when importing the key/cert certificate file
- Fix issue “incorrect IP for File share link when link aggregation is configured
- Miscellaneous minor bug fixes