Autodesk Game Development Suite Gets More Tools for Devs to Play With
Gabriel Roşu / 9 years ago
Autodesk has apparently launched its new 3D animation and modelling software for professional indie game developers, the Autodesk Maya LT 2016. This comes as a result of the company previewing their new Stingray Game Engine at the Game Developers Conference in San Francisco.
Stingray was build using Bitsquid technology and received an amazing demo at GDC, demonstrating a lot of features that lend it more power and give creators access to mode flexible tools.
“Bitsquid has been a part of the Autodesk family since the acquisition last summer and both teams have been hard at work to update, improve and add features to the engine,” said Martin Wahlund, CEO, Fatshark. “We are excited to announce that we are actually using the new Stingray engine to build our upcoming ‘Warhammer: End Times – Vermintide game.'”
The major highlights of Autodesk’s new software are:
- Simultaneous Platform Deployment:
- A live link between Stingray and multiple target devices allows game designers to evaluate their game simultaneously on multiple platforms
- Integrated Workflow:
- A more efficient pipeline to export 3D content
- Modern Data-Driven Architecture and Powerful Rendering Capabilities:
- A data-driven core architecture makes it easier for a user to change the look of a game without having to rewrite and re-compile the engine