Baldur’s Gate II: Enhanced Edition Out Now for iPad
Peter Donnell / 3 years ago
One of the greatest role-playing games ever created is now available where ever you go, or at wherever you can be bothered carrying your iPad. Baldur’s Gate II: Enhanced Edition is out now on iPad for $14.99, with additional party members and portrait packs available via in-app purchases.
“He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster… When you gaze long into the abyss, the abyss also gazes into you…”
Kidnapped. Imprisoned. Tortured. The wizard Irenicus holds you captive in his stronghold, attempting to strip you of the powers that are your birthright. Can you resist the evil within you, forge a legend of heroic proportions, and ultimately destroy the dark essence that haunts your dreams? Or will you embrace your monstrous nature, carve a swath of destruction across the realms, and ascend to godhood as the new Lord of Murder?
Baldur’s Gate II: Enhanced Edition includes the original Shadows of Amn campaign, as well as the following expansions:
- Throne of Bhaal: Travel to Tethyr in this thrilling conclusion to the Bhaalspawn saga, and delve into the treasure-filled halls of Watcher’s Keep!
- Fist of the Fallen: Help the Sun Soul Monk Rasaad find peace in his quest for vengeance, and determine the fate of a heretical sect.
- Unbound: Join the Blackguard Dorn in carving a swath of destruction across the Realms, as he struggles to appease the increasingly bloody demands of his dark patron.
- A Shadow’s Life: Recruit the mysterious Thief Hexxat and take up her mission of retrieving long lost artifacts from tombs as far away as Zakhara..
- In Defense of the Wild: Protect the innocent and stand with Neera the Wild Mage against a ruthless school of Red Wizards.
- The Black Pits II: Gladiators of Thay: Explore the tactical depth of high-level Dungeons & Dragons combat. Turn your captors against each other while you dodge traps and battle for your life against Demi-Liches, Mind Flayers, and the legendary Githyanki.
On top of all that extra content, you’ll also find a complete Gallery of Heroes II: Keiren Yanner, packed with six painted hero portraits from acclaimed artist Kairen Yanner, improved multi-player matchmaking that means you should be able to find a game easier than ever before and best of all is the full widescreen support. Of course you can also expect the usual wave of tweaks and upgrades to the game, and the area artwork renders have been remastered from their originals, and the interface and gameplay have been tweaks to suit the iPad.
The price is a little high at $14,99, but given that the game has all the expansions bundled with it, it’s really quite a bargain.
Thank you Beamdog for providing us with this information.