Bartels Media intros ShareMouse, sharing mouse and keyboard across multiple systems
Andy Ruffell / 6 years ago
Bartels Media has recently introduced ShareMouse, a new software allowing the user to share a single set of peripherals amongst various systems.
While those with a good memory will remember Microsoft’s Garage Project coming up with a similar utility, the ShareMouse does present its advantages.
Firstly, similarly to Microsoft’s, ShareMouse does allow for a set of mouse and keyboards to be shared across a multitude of computers connected to the same network, although ShareMouse does offer the support for up to 26 computers, making it 22 more than Microsoft’s “Mouse without borders’ (limited to four).
It doesn’t stop here, ShareMouse is also cross-platform, supported on both Mac and Windows systems, and is also allowed for commercial use (unlike ‘Mouse without borders’).
ShareMouse is an extremely flexible and versatile software utility, aside from the drag and drop function allowing for transfer of files, it also allows for clipboard sharing and synchronization with support for text, images, files and folders.
Upon installing ShareMouse, no configuration is needed, the monitors’ position will be detected. If your keyboard and mouse work on your computer, then it shall also work on others, this includes laptop keyboard and touchpads.
If you wish to configure things yourself, you can freely customize the monitor arrangement through a dedicated setup window.
Here’s a full list of ShareMouse’s main features:
- Cross-platform compatible with Mac OS X and Windows support
- Automatic and configuration-free monitor layout sensing
- Any computer can remote control any other computer in any direction
- Hotkeys can be defined to jump directly to a specific monitor
- Panic button cancel/reset any current remote control session
- Vertical and horizontal mouse wheel and touchpad scrolling
- Support for up to 26 monitors and computers
- Portable mode for use with USB thumb drives
- Optional network traffic encryption
- Drag & Drop any files from one computer to another
- No Clutter – No need of a bulky switch box and messy cabling
- Does not need any power supply and makes efficient use of your existing gear
- ShareMouse works with any mouse and keyboard
“If you have two or more computers on your desk, ShareMouse is a musthave utility,” stated Gunnar Bartels of Bartels Media. “You will appreciate a full-size keyboard and mouse controlling your laptop, and the ability to move files bi-directionally using easy drag & drop.”
Available now, you can download ShareMouse from here, it is a free software for non-power users with two computers, however for a Professional User license, you will have to pay $24.95.
Source: Press Release