Battlefield V Tides of War Chapter 1: Overture Now Available
Ron Perillo / 4 months ago
Following a Brief Delay
Good news! The #Battlefield Chapter 1: Overture update is locked and loaded for deployment tomorrow, December 5th.
Our sincerest apologies for the delay. The team agreed it was best for the game’s health to hold off and fix the issues, so thank you for being so understanding! pic.twitter.com/2x3NvbGU7s
— #Battlefield V (@Battlefield) December 4, 2018
However, fans will be thankful since this brings the first Chapter of Tides of War. It adds a new War Story titled The Last Tiger, a brand new multiplayer map called Panzerstorm, and a Practice Range where you can hone your skills.
The War Story Last Tiger is the German campaign perspective War Story which DICE announced two months ago. The Last Tiger’s gameplay is built around tank combat in an urban environment. This is a setting where managing sight lines and tank facing are key.
The latest map Panzerstorm is also Tank-related. It is set during the first major tank battle of the war, larger than any that came before. In the first few days of the Battle of Belgium, Axis armor steamed ahead of infantry forces into Hannut, clashing with Allied tanks in the rolling hills and farmland of the Belgian countryside.
What Else is New in Battlefield V?
The DICE dev team is also announcing that there are several changes in-game based upon the feedback from the Battlefield community. Most of these fixing issues reported by players for the past few weeks.
Some of these fixes and changes include:
- Fixed a bug where weapons would stay locked even if the player had reached the required level to obtain them.
- Improvements for the issue involving infinite loading screens. Should be drastically reduced with this update.
- Fixed an issue where vehicle passenger gunner turret animations would not align with where the player was aiming.•
- Players no longer get into a soft hang when viewing assignments in-game.
- Made tweaks to the Conquest Soft Catch-up mechanics.
- Airplane Zooming in 1P will now give 2.5x zoom.
- The 8x MG specialization on the Spitfire has a new overheat behavior.
- Reduced the damage AA tanks take to their turret to be better in line with side hits in order to make them more survivable. Their damage against infantry has also been slightly increased.
- Tweaked the JU-88 bomber to only carry one 1,000kg bomb and reduced the rate of fire when dropping the 16x50kg bombs.
- Changed the Stuka damage model to be closer to bombers, to improve its intended ground attack role.
- Players occupying top gunner positions in land vehicles are now able to duck down and become somewhat protected from incoming shots. While ducking, top gunners are still able “blind-fire” the machine gun.
…and a lot more. The full changelog is outlined in this PDF file from the developers.