Beamdog Launches Baldur’s Gate: Siege of Dragonspear
Cernescu Andrei / 2 years ago
We told you last year that Beamdog was planning to release a new expansion for Baldur’s Gate Enhanced Edition, and it looks like the developers have made good on their word and expanded this wonderful RPG. Dubbed Baldur’s Gate: Siege of Dragonspear, the expansion is not standalone, which means that you will need the Steam version of Baldur’s Gate Enhanced Edition in order to be able to play it. This new chapter of the Bhaalspawn saga takes place between the events of Baldur’s Gate and Baldur’s Gate II, and apart from its single player campaign, it also supports cross-platform multiplayer.
Baldur’s Gate is definitely one of my all-time favorite role-playing video games, and it’s quite refreshing to see that some developers are still giving it some attention after all these years. Below you will find a complete list of features for Siege of Dragonspear, as well as the expansion’s launch trailer.
- A new chapter in the Baldur’s Gate saga.
- A sharp and subtle adventure that pits you against an enigmatic new foe.
- Venture through the vibrant new hand-painted areas of the Sword Coast.
- Import your character from BG:EE and continue the story in BGII:EE.
- Four new player soundsets to customize your hero.
- The original cast returns to kick butt for goodness – along with four new additions!
- Updated UI and improved Infinity engine features.
- 25+ hours of gameplay.
- New items, quests, and a new class: the Shaman!
- Original soundtrack by Sam Hulick.
- Functional, extensively tested cross-platform multiplayer on all supported platforms.
- “Story Mode” difficulty setting to allow players to experience all of the story with none of the Game Over screens.