BenQ Unveils The SW320 Flagship Photographer Monitor
John Williamson / 4 years ago
BenQ produces an impressive range of monitors for different usage scenarios including gaming, professional photographic work and basic office tasks. The company’s latest offering is the SW320 photographer monitor which employs a 31.5-inch 4K display with pioneering colour performance as well as support for High Dynamic Range (HDR). The panel has a wide colour gamut with 99% Adobe RGB and 100 sRGB coverage which makes it a suitable choice for people doing important colour work. On another note, the monitor has a true 10-bit IPS panel and an advanced 14-bit lookup table (LUT) to deliver amazing colour quality with precise ≤2 Delta E values. Conway Lee, President of BenQ Corporation said about their latest flagship:
“SW320 represents the pinnacle of BenQ color-critical display technology,”
“This wide color gamut HDR monitor takes professional imaging to new heights, fulfilling the demanding and exacting requirements of photography enthusiasts.”
Connectivity-wise, the monitor has a flash card reader, USB 3.0 ports, HDMI 2.0a and DisplayPort/miniDisplayPort 1.4 supporting the Thunderbolt interface.
- 99% Adobe RGB Color Gamut and Technicolor Color Certification. SW320 delivers an ultra-wide color gamut to reach 99% of Adobe RGB, a significantly larger color space than sRGB and Rec. 709. Also supporting DCI-P3 as well as 100% of sRGB and Rec. 709, SW320 is certified by Technicolor to meet strict standards for color accuracy used in Hollywood and throughout the media and entertainment industries, with consistent, precise color exactly as content originators intended.
- High Dynamic Range (HDR) content support. Increasing the dynamic range between black and white for naturally realistic images, SW320 supports HDR signals through both its HDMI and DisplayPort inputs.
- True 10-Bit Color Depth, 14-Bit 3D LUT, ΔE ≤ 2. Producing over a billion colors for ultra-smooth gradations, SW320’s 14-bit color lookup table guarantees absolute color accuracy as defined by Comission Internationale de l’Eclairge’s (CIE) Delta E deviation of less than 2, designating the finest color fidelity exceeding the limits of human vision.
- Palette Master Element Color Calibration. SW320 can be hardware calibrated with a colorimeter and Palette Master Element calibration software for professional work.
- Brightness Uniformity Function. For an authentic and consistent viewing experience, SW320 achieves immaculate brightness uniformity across the entire screen via a meticulous fine-tuning process of hundreds of sub-regions with high-precision apparatus.
- GamutDuo and Advanced Black and White Modes. GamutDuo Mode allows simultaneous side-by-side display of content in two different color spaces, such as Adobe RGB and sRGB. Photos can also be viewed in a black and white film effect, with three presets for photo previews prior to post-processing adjustments
- Hotkey Puck and Pro Shading Hood. The unique “Hotkey Puck” remote control enables instant switching between color modes and image settings, and the included detachable shading hood works in both portrait and landscape orientations to block ambient light and glare for superb color accuracy.
Unfortunately, the pricing hasn’t yet been revealed but I’m expecting the monitor to be costly given the impressive 10-bit panel and HDR functionality.