BenQ Unveils The ZOWIE XL2540 240Hz eSports Gaming Monitor
John Williamson / 6 years ago
BenQ is one of the most respected monitor manufacturers in the business and consistently produces displays which appeal to the core gaming demographic. Their latest product is designed for professional eSports players who require an extremely high refresh rate. The BenQ ZOWIE XL2450 employs a whopping 240Hz refresh rate which is well beyond the high-end 144Hz figure seen on many gaming orientated displays. Furthermore, the shield is designed to block out outside distractions and focus on the contents of the screen. This is an interesting idea and I’d like to try it first hand.
On another note, the product has a 1920×1080 resolution and utilises TN technology. This is to be expected given the extreme refresh rate. Also, the monitor opts for a 1000:1 static contrast ratio, 1ms response time and 400 cd/m2 brightness rating. BenQ’s S-Switch is a neat addition which allows you to quickly cycle through different settings and display profiles.
- Native 240Hz refresh rate delivers smoothest ever gameplay experience
- Shield helps you focus on the game by blocking out distractions
- Built-in Black eQualizer technology brightens dark scenes without over-exposing the bright areas
- The effortless one-finger height adjustable stand provides personalised viewing angles
- S Switch allows you to easily access settings
- Specially designed frame minimises reflective screen glare
In terms of pricing, the BenQ XL2540 appears to have a launch price of $499.00 and is expected to arrive on November 15th.