Chrono Cross Remaster Coming to PC in April!
Peter Donnell / 3 months ago
Oh my fu… freaking god, what a day it is to be a crusty old gamer like me. First, we hear that Kolonoa is coming to Switch and PC, and now we’ve got a Chrono Cross Remaster coming to PC in April. Square Enix has just announced a brand new remaster of Chrono Cross, called CHRONO CROSS: THE RADICAL DREAMERS EDITION, which is awesome. CHRONO CROSS: THE RADICAL DREAMERS EDITION will feature 3D models converted to HD, higher-quality background music, and battle enhancement features. Moreover, it will have over 40 party members. There are a whole bunch of improvements in the update, which are listed below. Many of them are welcoming to those who’ve played the game a lot or just want to take an easier path through it, such as auto-battle and switchable encounters.
However, the thing I love the most, is that you can switch between original and updated graphics. Hopefully, at any time while playing, much like you could in Halo MCC. It would be nice to do a side by side comparison in some sections.
Chrono Cross Remaster Features
- 3D models converted to HD*
- Brand new artwork and character redesign by Nobuteru Yuuki*
- Refined background music by Yasunori Mitsuda
- Switch enemy encounters on or off
- Background filter feature*
- Battle enhancement features
- Auto-battle function
- French, Italian, German and Spanish localization now added
- Switch between imitation pixel font and HD font*
- The inclusion of Radical Dreamers, never before released in the West.
- Players can choose between playing with original or updated graphics
What’s interesting is that this game was on Nvidia’s leaked games list, adding considerable weight to that leak, which was riddled with PlayStation PC titles…. oh yeah!
Check out the trailer and let me know what you think in the comments section below.
“CHRONO CROSS: THE RADICAL DREAMERS EDITION” is a remaster of “CHRONO CROSS”, including new features such as 3D models converted to HD, higher-quality background music, and battle enhancement features. Also includes the game that formed the bedrock of the story, “RADICAL DREAMERS – Le Trésor Interdit -“
With over 40 party members to meet, people and dimensions will intertwine in this epic drama about the planet itself.