Classic Adventure Puzzler Myst Hits Android
Ashley Allen / 3 years ago
Myst, one of the best-selling games ever made, out now for Android devices. A revised edition of the game, called realMyst, has been ported to Android by Noodlecake on behalf of the game’s original developer Cyan Worlds. The 1993 adventure puzzler experienced a cultural resurgence recently after being cited as a huge influence on Jonathan Blow’s The Witness, released last year.
“realMyst is all-things Myst, but amazingly more real,” Cyan Worlds says. “You can explore anywhere, unfettered, and in realtime! Pick your own path through the forest on Myst Island. Look lazily upward into the Channelwood Age trees. Relax next to the rippling fountain as the sun sets in the Selenitic Age. Spin around for a full panoramic tour of Sirrus’ throne room. Seek shelter from the thunderstorm in Stoneship Age.”
“And what could possibly make that experience even more real? Now you can have all of that on your mobile device with nothing between you and Myst but the touch of your finger – the sheerest of interfaces between you and the surrealistic island adventure that will become your world,” the company adds.
- All the original Myst Ages plus bonus Rime Age
- Full Myst gameplay and interaction
- Dynamic environments – rippling water, falling rain, waving trees
- Haunting Myst music score and dynamic 3D sounds
- Simple navigation – touch and hold to move, swipe to turn
- Advanced navigation – run, move backward, invert look, & more
- “Interaction Guides” demonstrate how to interact with objects
- “Bookmark” feature to save & restore progress
- realMyst Hint Guide – get past that one puzzle that’s got you stumped
The game is a whopping 700Mb, so don’t accidentally blow your data allowance downloading it. realMyst is available on the Google Play store now, priced £6.99.