Cooler Master Hyper 212 Halo Black CPU Cooler Review
Peter Donnell / 3 weeks ago
Cooler Master has been making PC cases and coolers for longer than many of our readers have even been alive, let alone building their own PCs! It’s fair to say, Cooler Master has a lot of experience in the market, and that’s largely thanks to their truly iconic and legendary Hyper 212, which has been a gold standard for affordable PC CPU coolers for a very long time indeed. While it’s not going to set the world record for cooling performance, it represents a great starting point for those wanting to step up from the stock Intel or AMD coolers to improve their system performance, without spending a small fortune.
Cooler Master Hyper 212 Halo Black
Now, the 212 has seen many iterations over the years, more than I care to count, but I’ve certainly had about ten of them in the office for review over the years. Sometimes it’s just a new colour, or a new fan type, or even the introduction of LED lighting, and then RGB lighting, but also a few engineering improvements too, helping this humble cooler stay relevant in an ever-evolving market. The new version is both more stealthy, thanks to its sleek brushed anodized aluminium gun black finish, but also more vibrant, thanks to the latest SILENCIO FP120 FAN which has a love ARGB ring of lighting on it, providing a striking contrast that’s sure to look awesome in your next PC build.
- SLEEK & SILENT – With its brushed anodized aluminium finished in gunmetal black the Hyper 212 Black Edition conceals subtle enhanced performance while discreetly lowering the noise
- DIRECT COOLING WITH GROOVED FINS – The primary heat exchanger features 4 embedded copper heat pipes (Ø6mm) in flat array and includes additional aluminium fins with lateral grooves upon the plate to further augment thermal conductivity
- NICKEL-PLATED BLACK HEAT SINK – Offer superior heat radiation compared to regular aluminium fins Stacked fin array ensures minimal air resistance
- SILENCIO FP120 FAN – Ultra-quiet Silent Driver IC technology reduces noise (6 5 – 26 dBA) and delivers robust air pressure (2 9 mmH₂O) Can be easily configured into a dual push-pull system with a secondary fan (not included). Fan rated current: 0.08A; Fan safety current: 0.16A
- AMD & INTEL COMPATIBLE – Includes versatile all-in-one mounting brackets that support Intel (LGA2066 LGA2011-v3 LGA2011 LGA1151 LGA1150 LGA1155 LGA1156 LGA1366) and AMD (AM4 AM3+ AM3 AM2+ AM2 FM2+ FM2 FM1) sockets
For more in-depth specifications, please visit the official Cooler Master Hyper 212 Halo Black CPU Cooler product page via the link here!