Cooler Master MasterBox 520 Mesh Case Review
Peter Donnell / 2 weeks ago
With the next generation of gaming hardware on the horizon looking to have higher power requirements and, as a by-product of that, higher heat output, cooling is going to be a big focus for many PC gamers. Sure, it always has been, but honestly, a lot of systems can get away with surprisingly little airflow. That being said, if the Nvidia RTX 4000 series and the next AMD and Intel CPUs are as toasty as we expect, a more airflow-focused design is going to be key. Thankfully, Cooler Master is on point, as their new MasterBox 520 Mesh features, you guessed it, a mesh front panel to allow for greater airflow.
MasterBox 520 Mesh
The MasterBox 520 takes cooling pretty seriously though and even comes with three CF120 ARGB fans pre-installed in the front, but the case will support up to seven fans. Either way, it should provide a wall of cool air to your hardware. However, there are dust filters throughout, the FineMesh front panel design, and even a removable top panel for easy maintenance and installation. The addition of a fan-hub, tool-free panels, removable HDD cage, and room for up to two 360mm radiators means that the MasterBox 520 is ticking all the right boxes and should be pretty easy to work with too. It’s also available in either black or white to suit the needs of your next build.
- FineMesh Performance Front Panel – Large mesh intakes offer unrestricted airflow and stellar thermals for demanding systems.
- Three CF120 ARGB Fans Included – Pre-installed CF120 ARGB fans provide ample airflow, ensuring low temperatures, high performance, and eye-catching aesthetics during even the most intense gaming sessions. The included ARGB controller allows users to manage systems lighting independently from the hardware configuration if needed.
- Removable Top Panel – The top panel is entirely removable for improved access and easy installation of cooling solutions such as fans and radiators.
- Screwless & Tool-Free TG Side Panel – The tempered glass side panel is secured with pins for easy removal, facilitating quick, easy installation.
- Versatile Cooling Options – Supports up to seven 120mm fans and dual 360mm radiators on the top and front panel.
- Removable HDD cage – The HDD cage is completely removable for improved access during assembly and system upgrades.
- Upgraded Removable Dust Filter Bracket – The bottom dust filter bracket is robust and locked sturdily in place during travel, remaining easy to remove for cleaning purposes.