Corsair Dark Core RGB SE & MM1000 Wireless Review
Peter Donnell / 1 year ago
Corsair Dark Core RGB SE
Wireless gaming is going to be big business in 2018. It’s been a good market in the past, but innovations in power management, wireless connectivity speeds, wireless charging and more are finally in a bit of a sweet spot. Wireless used to mean more lag, but it really doesn’t anymore. This mouse can deliver a 1ms response time, Bluetooth and 2.4 GHz connectivity, and even run in wired mode for a backup and to charge it. Furthermore, it can be charged wirelessly, such as with the MM1000 wireless charging mouse mat from Corsair. In short, this mouse seems to have it all.
No sacrifices have been made to the usual Corsair suite of features. With built-in RGB multi-zone lighting, nine fully programmable buttons, Omron switches, braided cables, long battery life, modular ergonomics, and more. The list goes on, but on paper, this may be the best mouse Corsair has ever made!
- ON-BOARD PROFILE STORAGE: Saves lighting effects, macros and DPI settings for universal access to your profile without the need for drivers or additional software.
- UP TO 24HRS OF BATTERY LIFE: Never run out of power when you need it the most.
- SURFACE CALIBRATION TUNING UTILITY: Optimizes sensor precision and responsiveness for your playing surface.
- HIGH-PERFORMANCE OMRON SWITCHES RATED FOR 50 MILLION CLICKS: Omron switches are custom-tuned for gaming, providing an ultrafast response and reliability over time.
- DYNAMIC MULTI-COLOR 3-ZONE BACKLIGHTING: Customizable backlighting immerses you in the game by providing nearly unlimited lighting adjustability.
- NINE BUTTONS, FULLY PROGRAMMABLE WITH CUE: Take control with extensive customization, from simple remaps, to complex macros. Assign macros to any key and create dynamic lighting effects with CORSAIR Utility Engine (CUE).
The box looks like most other Corsair products, with a great picture on the front, and plenty of technical information around the back.
MM1000 Qi Wireless Charging Mouse Pad
The mouse is designed to work just fine on its own, but if you want to take your wireless to the next level, you’ll want the MM1000. That hard surface gaming mouse mat comes with built-in Qi charging, so you’ll never need to reach for that USB cable again.
- PRECISE PERFORMANCE SURFACE: Micro-textured hard surface tuned for all optical or laser mice.
- USB 3.0 PASS-THROUGH: Connect a wealth of devices with maximum compatibility.
- CHARGING STATUS LED: Built-in LED indicator displays charging status at a glance.
- LARGE SURFACE AREA: Large 260mm x 350mm surface area and non-slip rubber base.