Corsair H100i RGB Platinum CPU Cooler Review
Mike Sanders / 1 year ago
Corsair H100i RGB Platinum
Corsair is, without a doubt, one of the best-known brands in terms of PC components. This isn’t, however, without very good reason. Put simply, there isn’t much that they don’t have a hand in and with their products usually providing excellent value for money (with great performance) it’s not hard to understand why they do so well.
Perhaps one of their most popular ranges though has to be their AIO liquid coolers. With a huge range to suit almost every need, requirement, or price. They are, by far and away, one of the biggest ‘go-to’ brands for CPU coolers.
We do, however, have something a little exciting in this regard. Corsair has just released the H100i RGB Platinum liquid CPU cooler. Forming part of their extreme-performance range this is essentially a new and updated version of the original H100i. A model which has proven for many to be an excellent cooler both in terms of price and performance.
With this update including new features and, of course, RGB lighting, we expect big things from this. We fully expect Corsair to not disappoint!
The key features of the Corsair H100i RGB Platinum include;
- RGB Magnetic Levitation Fans: Two 120mm ML PRO Series RGB magnetic levitation PWM fans deliver a blast of colour and improved airflow for extreme CPU cooling performance.
- Dynamic Multi-zone RGB Backlit Pump: 16 Individually controlled RGB LEDs light up the pump head to produce stunning, customizable lighting effects to match your build.
- Extreme CPU cooling: Experience the best ever CORSAIR Hydro Series cooling performance, with each fan running from 400 to 2,000 RPM.
- Powerful Software: CORSAIR iCUE software allows you to control your cooler’s RGB lighting and monitor CPU and coolant temperatures, and adjust fan and pump speeds, all from a single intuitive interface.
- High-Performance Cold Plate and Pump: Thermally optimized cold plate and low-noise pump design for high performance, quiet cooling.
- 240mm Dual Radiator: Radiator core improves cooling and performance.
- Zero RPM Mode: A new Zero RPM cooling profile in CORSAIR iCUE software allows fans to stop entirely at low temperatures, eliminating fan noise.
- Easy to Install: Modular, tool-free mounting bracket for quick and painless installation on all major CPU sockets.
For more in-depth technical specification, please visit the official Corsair website in the link here!
The packaging carries the colours and bright, bold, imagery that makes a Corsair product very easy to identify at a glance. What is most obvious is the nice large image of the cooler with the RGB lighting in all its glory. In addition to this you are given some details about the cooler itself but let’s be honest, it’s the product that makes the big and bold statement here and rightly so!
The rear of the packaging is where all the details and specifications are found. While this is somewhat limited in size (due to a large number of languages supported) you are told everything you could possibly want to know from a technical aspect. You are also given a detailed diagram of the cooler so that you can understand its dimensions and by proxy, suitability for your system, easily.