Corsair HS80 RGB USB Wired Gaming Headset Review
Peter Donnell / 2 years ago
Corsair continues to dominate the PC market with stunning peripherals, class-leading quality and award-winning performance. Of course, there’s still no sign of them slowing down either, with yet another impressive looking headset recently added to their range. The new Corsair HS80 RGB comes in both a wired and a wireless model. However, today, I’ll be focusing purely on the USB wired version. It comes extremely well equipped though, and wired or wireless, both models are tuned towards the enthusiast market.
Corsair HS80 RGB USB
With the wired model coming in at just over £100, it’s certainly not a cheap headset. However, it’s still far from the flagship gaming models that can often cost twice as much as this still. That being said, this is hardly lacking in features, offering Dolby 7.1 surround sound processing, a set of drivers that operate from 20Hz to 40,000Hz, and high-fidelity processing of 24bit/96kHz, so they should sound pretty freaking sweet. Throw in the latest ergonomic and aesthetic design from Corsair, and you’ve got a pretty potent package here, so let’s get to it! Keep in mind, the wireless version has the same hardware, but also offers Corsair Slipstream connectivity.
- Dolby Audio 7.1 Surround Sound: Brings your game to life, putting you directly in the middle of the action.
- Catch Every Sound: From a faint whisper to a resonating blast, a pair of custom-tuned 50mm high-density neodymium audio drivers deliver sound in exquisite detail with a massive frequency range of 20Hz-40,000Hz.
- Hours of Long-Lasting Plush Comfort: Equipped with memory foam earpads with a breathable microfiber cloth exterior and a stress-free adjustable floating headband design.
- Broadcast-Grade Omni-Directional Microphone: Captures your voice with the utmost clarity, with a flip-up mute function and a built-in LED mute indicator.
- High-Fidelity 24bit/96kHz Sound: Experience true high-fidelity audio over a USB wired connection.
What Corsair Had to Say
“From a faint whisper to a resonating blast, a pair of custom-tuned 50mm high-density neodymium audio drivers catch every sound in exquisite detail with an expanded frequency range of 20Hz-40,000Hz. High-quality, custom-tuned 50mm neodymium audio drivers deliver excellent sound with the range needed to hear everything on the battlefield. The USB connection enables a multi-channel audio experience and put you right in the middle of the game. Captures your voice with terrific clarity with a flip-up mute function and built-in LED mute indicator. HS80 RGB USB is Discord Certified for crystal-clear communication and outstanding sound.” – Corsair