Corsair HX 750 Platinum Power Supply Review
Peter Donnell / 2 years ago
HX 750 Platinum
Corsair is one of the most popular suppliers of desktop PSUs in the world. It’s no surprise then that they also make some of the best units that are on the market today. Time and time again, we’ve reviewed their PSUs and they’ve walked away with our top awards. With a focus on premium build quality, high-end performance, and competitive prices, Corsair have done great in the past. Of course, with that in mind, we’ll be expecting nothing but the best today. Let’s jump in and take a look at what their new HX 750 80 Plus Platinum Fully Modular PSU has to offer!
Platinum efficiency, fully modular and virtually silent
CORSAIR HX series power supplies give you extremely tight voltage regulation, quiet operation, Platinum-certified efficiency, and a fully modular cable set. Built with all Japanese 105°C capacitors, they’re a great choice for high-performance PCs where reliability is essential.
Power In Your Hands
Toggle single +12V rail or multi +12V rail mode. In the “SINGLE” position, the full output capability of the power supply’s +12V rail is available to any and all connectors, while in the “MULTIPLE” position, each individual connector has Over-Current Protection so no more than 40A of current can be delivered on any given cable.
- HX Series ATX Power Supply
- Power cord
- Mounting screws
- Cable ties
- Corsair case badge
- User manual
- 80 PLUS® Platinum efficiency, delivering 90% energy efficiency at real world load conditions.
- ZeroRPM mode for fanless operation at low loads and outstanding noise reduction.
- 135mm thermally controlled, fluid dynamic bearing fan only spins up as needed.
- Fully modular cables for easy installation, less clutter, and helps maximize airflow through your computer’s chassis.
- Engineered to meet maximum power output at a server-grade 50°C temperature rating.
- Over-voltage protection, under-voltage protection, short circuit protection, over power protection, and over temperature protection provide maximum safety to your critical system components.
- Safety and Agency Approvals: FCC, ICES, CE, UL / CUL, CSA, C-Tick/RCM, TUV, CB, CU, KC Mark, RoHS, WEEE, RoHS (China), REACH
Packaging & Accessories
In the very nicely designed box, you’ll find the PSU and cables each come in their own protective bags. There’s also a good bundle of documentation, cable ties, screws, and a power cable included; everything you’ll likely need.
This is a high-end PSU, so it comes with a fairly amount of modular cables. There’s a good number of SATA and Molex, which are all flat cables. The fatter braided cables offer up plenty of 6+2 and 4+4 connections, as well as the 24-pin motherboard connection.