Corsair HX1500i Platinum Power Supply Review
Mike Sanders / 1 year ago
With the upcoming release of new graphics cards from both AMD and Nvidia, concerns have already been raised about how much power they may potentially require. Whether you believe these rumours or not, it’s hard to deny that many recently released PSU models are now starting at the 850W area with more and more going well beyond those remits as potentially some kind of future-proofing measure. – Put simply, buying a power supply right now feels like a tricky task and one that could potentially backfire if you choose poorly.
With the release of the new Corsair HX1500i, however, this is one power supply that’s definitely got you covered. – Offering a whopping 1500 watts of power output, combined with a whole host of excellent features, this definitely has all the hallmarks of the PSU that it’s just going to be able to handle the upcoming generation of graphics cards, but probably several more to come!
Corsair HX1500i Power Supply
This new PSU series from Corsair is available in both 1000W and 1500W variants. For this review, however, we’ll be specifically taking a closer look at the latter which doesn’t just come with a shed load of power output, but also many other excellent features including; a fully modular cable design, support for the upcoming 12-pin PCIe 5 power standard, an 80-Plus Platinum efficiency rating and much more.
Put simply, this is not your average power supply. For all intents and purposes, the Corsair HX1500i should be considered a high-end design that looks, wherever possible, to not just provide you with an excellent and trouble-free PSU solution, but also one that is set to stand the test of time!
What Does Corsair Have to Say?
“CORSAIR HXi Series Fully Modular Ultra-Low Noise Power Supplies deliver exceptional 80 PLUS Platinum efficient power and low-noise fluid dynamic bearing fan performance. With three EPS12V connectors, HXi PSUs have every connection needed to power today’s most demanding PC upgrades. Powerful CORSAIR iCUE software enables custom fan curves, monitoring and adjusting power settings, and more thanks to a fully digital platform.
Japanese 105°C-rated electrolytic capacitors deliver long life and reliability, backed by a ten-year warranty. Wake your computer faster and consume less power with Modern Standby sleep mode. Zero RPM mode ensures near-silent operation at low and medium loads. The HXi Series puts platinum power at your command.”
- Fully Modular Cabling: Connect only the cables your system needs, making clean and tidy builds easy.
- Triple EPS12V Connectors: For full compatibility with modern motherboards.
- 140mm Fluid Dynamic Bearing (FDB) Fan: Delivers extremely quiet and long-lasting fan performance.
- Powerful CORSAIR iCUE Software: Create custom fan curves, monitor power settings, and toggle between
- single to multi-rail overcurrent protection (OCP) on-the-fly.
- Zero RPM Fan Mode: At low and medium loads the cooling fan switches off entirely for near-silent operation.
- 80 PLUS Platinum Certified: Up to 92% efficiency for exceptionally low power consumption, less noise, and
- cooler temperatures.
- 100% Japanese 105°C Electrolytic Capacitors: Premium internal components ensure unwavering power
- delivery and long-term reliability.
- Modern Standby Compatible: Extremely fast wake-from-sleep times and better low-load efficiency.
- Fully Digital Platform: Resonant LLC topology and DC-to-DC conversion provides clean, consistent power and
- minimizes coil whine and noise for quiet operation.
- Ten-Year Warranty: Your guarantee of reliable operation that will last across several builds
For more detailed specifications, please visit the official product page via the link here!