Corsair K70 RGB TKL Mechanical Keyboard Review
Peter Donnell / 3 months ago
Corsair already has a seemingly endless line-up of amazing and award-winning gaming keyboards. But is there room for one more? Of course, there is! Especially when it’s this lovely TKL version, built to dominate at LAN gaming tournaments or just lay waste to your friends while playing from home. Corsair already has some of the best gaming keyboards, but with their latest, they think they’ve made them even better, with tighter response times and improved features! I’m not really sure that’s possible, but I’m happy to be proven wrong!
Corsair K70 RGB TKL
Corsair certainly has been busy when it comes to adding features. The keyboard comes with everything you would expect, such as a fully mechanical design, PBT double-shot keycaps, Full N-Key Rollover (NKRO) and 100% Anti-Ghosting, and their latest and greatest iCUE RGB technologies. I mean… of course it has RGB, it’s Corsair! However, it’s the new stuff that I really love, such as the AXON Hyper-Processing Technology, giving it an 8,000 Hz polling rate, a detachable Type-C cable, a lockable Tournament switch, and a choice of mechanical switches.
- Built for Champions: CORSAIR CHAMPION SERIES products are designed for and tested by top esports professionals – helping to carry you to victory with a competition-grade keyboard featuring a portable and space-saving tenkeyless form-factor, a detachable USB Type-C cable, and a tournament mode switch.
- Powered by CORSAIR AXON Hyper-Processing Technology: Transmits your inputs to your PC up to 8x faster than conventional gaming keyboards with 8,000Hz hyper-polling.
- Take on the Competition in Style: A durable and refined aluminium frame is illuminated by fully programmable dynamic per-key RGB backlighting to sport your team’s colours or create your own personalized lighting effects.
- Tournament-Ready: Flip the tournament switch and focus on winning those critical games, automatically swapping to distraction-free static backlighting and disabling accidental macro activations.
- PBT Double-Shot Keycaps: A precision-moulded keycap set with a standard bottom row layout resists wear, fading, and shine, with 1.5mm thickness for rigid stability.
- 100% CHERRY MX RGB Mechanical Keyswitches: K70 RGB TKL is available with CHERRY MX SPEED, SILENT, and Red key switches (depending on region), and detects key presses up to 4x faster than conventional gaming keyboards with CORSAIR AXON.
- Detachable and Durable Braided USB Type-C Cable: This makes the K70 RGB TKL easy to take on the go and connect anywhere.
- Dedicated Media Keys and Volume Roller: Convenient media keys and a signature CORSAIR aluminium volume roller let you take command of your media without interrupting your game.
- Powerful iCUE Software: Compatible with both Windows and macros, enables dynamic RGB lighting control, key remaps and macro programming and exclusive integrations with select games that turn your system’s lighting into an extension of the action.
- Full N-Key Rollover (NKRO) and 100% Anti-Ghosting: Ensures that every keypress registers, no matter how fast you play.
- 8MB of Onboard Storage: Store up to 50 onboard profiles with custom macros and your own uniquely vibrant RGB lighting effects with up to 20 lighting layers.
What Corsair Had to Say
“The CORSAIR K70 RGB TKL Mechanical Gaming Keyboard will carry you to victory with a compact tenkeyless form-factor, pro-level performance powered by CORSAIR AXON hyper-processing technology, and world-renowned CHERRY MX key switches. Win in style with a durable aluminium frame and dynamic per-key RGB backlighting, and flip the tournament switch to instantly disable macros and swap to distraction-free lighting. PBT double-shot keycaps with 1.5mm thickness resist wear, fading and shine for years. Powerful iCUE software on both PC and macOS enables custom macro programming and key remaps, while dedicated media keys and an aluminium volume roller offer convenient control over media. The K70 RGB TKL is a portable powerhouse thanks to a detachable USB Type-C cable and 8MB onboard storage for up to 50 profiles, so you can easily take pro performance to your next competition.”