Corsair Officially Launches NX500 PCIe SSDs
Ashley Allen / 11 months ago
Corsair is finally launching its Neutron NX500 Series NVMe PCIe SSDs. Curiously, the SSDs quietly turned up on sale at Newegg last month without any formal launch. A day later, Newegg removed the listings. Corsair, though, is now ready to officially unveil the PCIe SSDs. The drives come in 400GB and 800GB capacities, with a 1.6TB model to follow very soon.
Corsair Neutron NX500 Specifications
- NVMe Interface Faster than SATA 3.0: Up to 5X faster in sequential read and write than SATA 3.0.
- PCI Express 3.0 x4: The NX500 accesses your PC’s PCI Express bandwidth and puts your data in the fast lane, leaving SATA SSDs in the dust.
- Dedicated Cooling: High-surface-area heatsink from the cooling experts at CORSAIR keeps your storage cool and always at peak performance.
- Multi-Level Cell (MLC) Endurance: Better reliability and higher performance than Triple-Level Cell (TLC) NAND SSDs.
- High-Bandwidth, Low-Latency Storage: Easily handles demanding gaming, productivity, and content creation workloads.
- Enhanced Error Correction: Additional error bit correction and improved data retention while supporting the latest generation, high endurance MLC NAND.
- Static and Dynamic Wear-Leveling: Works with MLC NAND to contribute to an overall enhanced lifespan.
- Compatible with CORSAIR SSD Toolbox: Support for over-provisioning, Secure Erase, disk cloning and firmware updates, or monitor S.M.A.R.T attributes and SSD health, all from your desktop.
- Five-year Warranty: Dedicated support from the world-class CORSAIR customer support team.
5x Faster Than SATA SSDs
“The Corsair Neutron NX500 NVMe PCle AIC SSD is up to 5x faster than SATA SSDs and NVMe powered to deliver previously out-of-reach sequential and IOPS read and write speeds. The specially designed heatsink not only looks great in your build, but ensures unthrottled performance and cooler temperatures. The Neutron NX500 makes sure professional gamers, workstation owners, and content creators get the job done with ease.”