Corsair Sabre RGB Pro Wireless Champion Series Mouse Review
Peter Donnell / 8 months ago
When it comes to enthusiast PC hardware and peripherals, Corsair is a name pretty much everyone knows. They’re top of their game, and one of the most respected and coolest brands around. However, Corsair continues to feel the need to compete with themselves, which is why they’re back with an even better version of the already fantastic Corsair Sabre RGB Pro Wireless mouse. As part of their Champion Series, the hardware is pretty amazing on this mouse, and as much as I’m sure you could use it for daily work at home, its main focus is competitive FPS and MOBA gamers.
Corsair Sabre RGB Pro Wireless
The Sabre is one seriously good mouse already, having already seen many variants over the years. Heck, I can even remember old models from 7+ years ago! However, the most recent was the wired version of the mouse I’m looking at today. It offered up an 18K optical sensor from a custom PixArt PMW3392 sensor, with 450 IPS tracking at up to 50G acceleration. Despite switching to wireless tech, that’s now been replaced with a 26K optical sensor, that can deliver a staggering 650 IPS at up to 50G. The wireless is just 5 grams heavier than the wired version too, which is astonishing, given the huge battery life claim. Beyond that though, Corsair hasn’t fiddled with the winning formula too much, it’s still 8000 Hz capable, thanks to AXON Hyper-Processing, and still has those stunning Omron switches, and PTFE glide pads.
- SLIPSTREAM WIRELESS Technology: Offers sub-1ms wireless transmission speeds, delivers your movements and clicks up to 2x faster with 2,000Hz hyper-polling, and maintains exceptional signal quality during competition.
- CORSAIR MARKSMAN 26,000 DPI Optical Sensor: An ultra-accurate sensor with 650 IPS tracking at up to 50G acceleration delivers unbelievable precision fully customizable in 1 DPI resolution steps.
- Ultra-Light Agility: Weighing in at just 79g to support rapid movements and twitch reflexes, the SABRE RGB PRO WIRELESS’s sturdy design keeps up with your longest matches.
- CORSAIR QUICKSTRIKE Buttons: Spring-loaded design delivers zero gap between the primary mouse buttons and their switches, so your clicks, shots, and spells are faster than ever.
- Two Ways to Connect: Use SLIPSTREAM WIRELESS for the fastest speeds, or low-latency Bluetooth® for wide compatibility with most systems and devices.
- Durable OMRON Switches: Built with trusted OMRON left and right-click switches, guaranteeing tournament-grade performance for 50 million clicks.
- Game for Days: Up to 90 hours of battery life keeps you playing for days of continuous wireless gaming between charges.
- Five Onboard DPI Presets: Can be reprogrammed to tune your sensitivity steps on-the-fly, and cycled through using a dedicated DPI button with LED indication.
- Seven Fully Programmable Buttons: can be customized with powerful macros or key remaps that give you the advantage.
- Dynamic Two-Zone RGB Backlighting: Choose from preset lighting effects or create your own with near-limitless customization in iCUE software.
- Onboard Profile Storage: Three onboard profiles store your lighting profiles, macros, and DPI settings to take with you wherever you go