Creative introduce HN-900 Noise-Cancelling Headphones
Ryan Martin / 7 years ago
Creative Technology Ltd today announced the new Creative HN-900 noise-canceling headphones, a set of full-size active noise-canceling headphones that can reduce ambient noise by up to 85% and comes with a detachable cable with in-line microphone for voice communication on the iPhone.
Shut out the din in the air cabin or make clear voice calls on the iPhone with the Creative HN-900 noise-canceling headphones. The concealed microphones in the ear-cups pick up surrounding noises and these are electronically negated, effectively reducing the noise by up to 85%. With the absence of unwanted sound, the finely-tuned 40mm Neodymium drivers allow details of music or entertainment to be revealed.
The Creative HN-900’s audio cable also comes with an in-line microphone and switch for a convenient one-click call function for voice communication on the iPhone. This cable can be detached from the headphones and the noise-canceling feature turned on – great for times when users want a quiet and peaceful rest. If the headphones run out of battery power, they can still be used in the passive mode without the noise-cancellation function.
The Creative HN-900 is a solid performer, ensuring a quiet backdrop for users’ entertainment and communication needs.
Key Features of the Creative HN-900 Noise-Canceling Headphones
- Effective ambient noise reduction by up to 85%
- The headphones cable comes with gold-plated plugs that are compatible with iPhone, iPad, iPod and most media players for music support. The detachable cable also comes with in-line microphone and switch for a convenient one-click call function for voice calls on the iPhone
- Powerful 40mm Neodymium magnet drivers produce superior music listening experience & voice calls
- Dual-mode usage allows the headphones to serve as active noise-cancellation function for up to 40 hours by a single AAA alkaline battery or in passive mode without power
- Comes with airplane adapter for in-flight entertainment
- Compact flat-fold design ideal for business trips and vacations
Technical Specifications of the Creative HN-900 Noise-Canceling Headphones
- 40 mm Neodymium magnet drivers
- Frequency Response of 20Hz ~ 20kHz
- Noise Reduction Level of -18dB (85%)
- Impedance of 290ohms*
- Sensitivity at 1kHz of 100dB/mW*
- Type of Omni-directional
- Frequency Response of 100Hz ~ 10kHz
- Impedance of <2.2kohms
- Sensitivity at 1kHz of -38dBV/Pa
- Cable length of 1.5m detachable with inline microphone
- Battery life of up to 40 hours from 1 x AAA alkaline battery. Duration may vary depending on temperature and condition of use
- Product weight of 168 grams
* Specifications measured in active Noise Cancellation mode
Pricing and Availability
The Creative HN-900 noise-canceling headphones will be available at the online store at creative.com/shop in Asia and authorised dealers in Asia from end Nov 2011 onwards at the suggested retail price of US $99.99.
Source: Press Release