Creative Outlier Air V2 True Wireless Headphones Review
Peter Donnell / 4 months ago
Creative has been leading a charge when it comes to mobile audio hardware, backup by their decades of experience in the PC audio market. Over the last few years, they’ve continued to deliver innovative technologies, such as their SXFI audio processing, as well as multiple award-winning mobile products that support it. I myself have been a long time user of their Outlier Gold headphones for my daily walks and what little travelling I’ve done this year. However, as much as I love them, they’re not perfect. Clearly Creative saw this too, and they’re back now with the new Creative Outlier Air V2 True Wireless Headphones.
Creative Outlier Air V2 True Wireless Headphones
As far I can tell, the actual audio hardware on these headphones is identical to the previous generation. That’s no bad thing though, as I can honestly say I love the sound of the old model, they’re some of the best I’ve ever tested actually. It’s for that reason I was able to put up with the difficult to use buttons, the single microphone, and so on. Of course, this new model has new touch controls, longer battery life, better water resistance, improve connectivity and the new Qualcomm cVc 8.0 multi-microphone technology too, making them a nice improvement overall.
- UPGRADED WITH INTUITIVE TOUCH CONTROLS | Enjoy effortless control over your music and calls simply by tapping these in-ear wireless earbuds without reaching out for your phone. The Outlier Air V2 now comes with touch controls that react to your commands—simply tap on the earbuds to pause, change tracks, answer a call or even activate smart assistants. In addition, we’ve provided different ear tip sizes so you can get the optimal seal with maximum comfort
- ULTRA-LONG BATTERY LIFE OF UP TO 34 HOURS AND IPX5 CERTIFIED | Boasting a staggering 12-hour per charge with total playtime of up to 34 hours, an improvement from our previous model. To recharge, simply place the earbuds back into the charging case and they will charge automatically. The charging case is also rechargeable via the included USB-C charging cable. Outlier Air V2 is certified IPX5 water-resistant so it can handle sweat, accidental splashes, or even rain without issues
- IMPROVED CALL QUALITY AND SMART ASSISTANTS | Featuring built-in microphone with Qualcomm cVc 8.0 technology, the Outlier Air V2 earbuds picks up your voice over the background for improved call quality and clearer voice communication. For added convenience, just tap to activate Siri or Google Assistant for a quick call or get your music started
- BLUETOOTH 5.0, APTX AND AAC, AND GRAPHENE-POWERED AUDIO EXCELLENCE | Outlier Air V2 is equipped with the latest Bluetooth 5.0 and aptX / AAC, so you can be sure to experience uncompromised and uninterrupted wireless audio quality wherever you go. It is also fitted with the latest driver technology that produces detailed highs, well-balanced mids, and immersive bass with the 5.6 mm graphene-coated driver diaphragm
- SUPER X-FI READY HEADPHONES | Super X-Fi technology recreates a professional, multi-speaker system experience in your headphones that is personalized to your ears. Outlier Air V2 is certified SUPER X-FI READY so you can enjoy a preview of Super X-Fi headphone holography via the SXFI App. It works on local music files downloaded onto your mobile, like an MP3 player; and does not support streaming content like Netflix, YouTube and Spotify
What Creative Had to Say
“Introducing the all-new Creative Outlier Air V2-now upgraded with intuitive touch controls, built-in microphone with Qualcomm® cVc™ 8.0 technology for improved call quality and Super X-Fi® READY for the ultimate wire-free listening experience! The Outlier Air V2 boasts a total playtime of up to 34 hours, a 5.6 mm superior graphene-coated driver diaphragm, and Bluetooth® 5.0 with aptX™ and AAC audio codecs, so you can enjoy immersive audio all day long. It is also certified IPX5 water-resistant with a comfortable all-day fit that’s perfect for any urbanites with an active lifestyle!” – Creative
Super X-Fi Ready
Super X-Fi technology recreates a professional, multi-speaker system experience in your headphones so you can hear sounds naturally like how it’s meant to be heard. Outlier Air V2 is a certified Super X-Fi READY* headphone that is specially-tuned for optimum performance with the SXFI App. By utilizing the SXFI App on your mobile, you can use enjoy a preview of Super X-Fi headphone holography on local content and enjoy cinematic audio even while on the go! Find out more here.