Cyberpunk 2077 1.21 Released! – We Have More Fixes!
Mike Sanders / 8 months ago
Despite easily representing one of gaming’s most anticipated titles of all time, when Cyberpunk 2077 did arrive late last year, I think most would agree that it came with a whimper rather than a bang. Bugs, glitches, poor optimization (and particularly for now last-gen consoles) were chief among the issues, and, put simply, it’s hard to deny that despite being many years in the making, when we did finally get Cyberpunk 2077, it was still clearly a fair ways away from being finished.
Fortunately, while the title’s initial condition was pretty (and I’m not going to mince my words here) crap, developer CD Projekt Red has been working hard since to try and make it the game they wanted us to really experience. And, with the launch of the latest 1.21 update, we have a whole new host of fixes, improvements, and optimizations to check out!
Cyberpunk 2077 Update 1.21
So, what do we get in this latest update? Well, rather than waxing lyrical about it all, here are the full patch notes below (you might want to grab a coffee as they are rather long):
Quests & Open World #1
- Fixed an issue in Gig: Getting Warmer… where the player was unable to lower 8ug8ear’s body temperature.
- Fixed an issue where being unable to pick up the “Send a crew” shard in Cyberpsycho Sighting: Discount Doc could block progression. Reading the shard is now an optional objective.
- Also fixed an issue in Down on the Street where Takemura would get stuck in Japantown Docks after player chose to go to Wakako alone and left the area too early.
- Fixed an issue where the clues in Cyberpsycho Sighting: Bloody Ritual would not count if the player scanned them before talking to the wounded NPC.
- Spray Paint should now trigger properly when player approaches Brendan.
- Fixed an issue in Play it Safe where upon connecting to the Access Point the screen could become black, blocking further progression.
- Fixed an issue where Reported Crime: Dredged Up would not complete if the player opened the container before scanning the blood trail.
- Also fixed an issue where a Maelstromer could spawn in an area unreachable for the player, blocking progress in Losing My Religion/Sacrum Profanum.
- Fixed an issue blocking progression in one of the Assaults in Progress in Japantown.
- Addressed an issue where the game could crash during Gig: Hippocratic Oath if the player jumped through the window after breaking it.
Quests & Open World #2
- Holocalls from Mitch should no longer get stuck and repeat if the call was interrupted before.
- Fixed Johnny’s appearance in various quests.
- Dennis’ car should now spawn correctly in Big in Japan.
- Players can now enter Dennis’ car from the right side in Big in Japan.
- Windows inside the shack should no longer break upon opening the container in Big in Japan.
- Big in Japan will now fail if the player leaves Haruyoshi instead of carrying him to safety after opening the container.
- Fixed an issue where player could become unable to use weapons and consumables after getting out of Takemura’s van in Down on the Street.
- Player can no longer call Takemura during the meeting with Oda in Down on the Street.
- Fixed an issue where Oda could be found on the bridge between Watson and Westbrook before going to Takemura’s hideout in Search and Destroy.
- Also fixed an issue in Down on the Street where Oda could crash into player’s car if it was parked in his way.
- Fixed an issue where Burning Desire/Night Moves could get stuck on the “Wait for a call from distressed man” objective after player failed the quest.
- Also fixed an issue where the door to Cassius Ryder’s ripperdoc shop would not open, preventing the player from completing The Gig.
- Saul will no longer follow the player around the world if they leave the quest area after freeing him in Riders on the Storm.
- Fixed an issue where sandstorm could be present in the city if the player fast travelled there during Killing in the Name or Riders on the Storm.
- Riders on the Storm will now fail if the player leaves the Wraith camp before rescuing Saul.
- Gig: Severance Package should now trigger properly after approaching the quest area.
- Fixed an issue where, after the player commits a crime on the roof of a building, NCPD officers would spawn behind the player’s back.
- Fixed an issue preventing the player from climbing ladders out of water.
- Fixed various issues related to clipping in NPCs’ clothes.
- Added back the icon above NPCs, who are under the Distract Enemies quickhack effect.
- Scanning UI is now less cluttered.
- Fixed an issue where Japanese/Traditional Chinese text could disappear if the player changed the interface language from English to one of these languages.
Stability & Performance
- Various memory management improvements (reducing the number of crashes).
Where Can I Try This Out?
Whatever platform you currently have Cyberpunk 2077 on, your next attempt to boot the game should prompt the update to download and install (if it has not done so already). -As such, if you have been perhaps holding fire for a little while in picking this game up again, it would appear that the ‘worst’ of the problems are now out of the way. Albeit, I’m certainly not going to go as far as to say that we’re still 100% ‘there’ yet.
If you do, however, want to learn more about the Cyberpunk 2077 1.21 update, you can check out the official website via the link here!
What do you think? – Let us know in the comments!