D-Link Now Shipping AC2600 MU-MIMO Wi-Fi Range Extender
Bohs Hansen / 4 years ago
D-Link announced the immediate availability of the AC2600 Wi-Fi Range Extender (DAP-1860) which is the company’s newest Wi-Fi range extender. It is equipped with four high-performance external antennas and high power amplifiers designed to optimize coverage and maximize range, thereby eliminating wireless dead zones in hard-to-reach areas like basements, upstairs bedrooms, and outdoor areas.
Multiple-User, Multiple-Input, Multiple-Output (MU-MIMO) is the newest innovation in wireless networking and it is basically what’s been missing all the time in order to keep up the bandwidth to all connected users and devices – but what good does that do you when some of your devices don’t support this such as your Wi-Fi range extenders. This is where D-Link’s DAP-1860 comes into play and it looks like a really sweet device.
The AC2600 device comes with dual-band connectivity for a total bandwidth speed up to 2600 Mbps (1733 Mbps 5Ghz band, 800 Mbps 2.4GHz band). It also comes with Advanced AC SmartBeam to enhance signal strength and throughput, and a Smart Signal Indicator to guide users to find the best placement for optimal coverage.
“As customers continue to increase the amount of connected devices in a household, the need for a strong reliable connection covering the entire home becomes more and more apparent,” said Oscar Reyes, vice president of marketing, D-Link Systems, Inc. “Our new AC2600 Wi-Fi Range Extender allows users to place devices anywhere in their home without having to worry about a slow or spotty Wi-Fi connection.”
It also comes with the handy WPS button that allows a single-click setup with routers that support WPS. Should your router not support this, then you can use the built-in web interface or D-Link’s QRS mobile app for just as simple a setup.
- 11AC Wi-Fi Dual Band Connectivity – Up to 1,733Mbps on the 5GHz band and 800Mbps on the 2.4GHz band for maximum throughput with less Wi-Fi interference
- MU-MIMO Technology – MU-MIMO technology handles high-bandwidth network traffic on multiple devices at the same time
- Smart Signal Indicator – Helps find the best location for optimal Wi-Fi coverage throughout the home
High-Speed Gigabit Ethernet Port – Ensures the best wired online experience for 4K/HD streaming and gaming
- SmartConnect – Allocates the best possible band for optimal Wi-Fi performance
- AP Mode Option – Configures as AP mode to enable a Wi-Fi hotspot through a wired Ethernet connection
- Plug-and-Play installation – Easily connect to wireless networks securely using the latest encryption methods
The AC2600 Wi-Fi Range Extender (DAP-1860) is now available for $149.99 at Amazon, Newegg, and the D-Link Shop.