Dr.Buzz Aldrin To Attend Historicon In July
Peter Donnell / 7 years ago
Matrix Games and Slitherine announce their participation at HISTORICON, a gaming convention devoted to historical gaming, which takes place in Fredericksburg, VA over 4 days in July each year. HISTORICON draws thousands of gamers from around the world together with a variety of vendors offering everything needed to recreate historical or fictional conflicts throughout the ages and beyond. Scenarios range from ancient history to the modern era, while some even create games from the rich worlds of Sci-Fi and Fantasy. There are tournaments, seminars and a Hobby University of painting classes and events.
During the event, on the 18th and 19th July, Slitherine Group will host its annual press conference to discuss and present its forthcoming projects to industry journalist, developers, guests and personalities. The most important will without doubt be Dr. Buzz Aldrin, former U.S. Air Force combat pilot (66 missions in Korea) and NASA astronaut, who took part in the first Moon landing mission and became the second human being to walk on the Moon.
Dr Aldrin’s attendance will undoubtedly thrill and delight event attendees. He is collaborating with Slitherine and their developer Polar Motion in the creation of Buzz Aldrin’s Space Program Manager which depicts the race to conquer outer space.
Slitherine is proud to be associated with Dr. Aldrin and his presence at the event will be an exciting and memorable moment for everyone associated with the press conference and Historicon. “We are grateful for the opportunity to thank Buzz for the tremendous support and encouragement that he is giving to the entire team who are working on the project. His input and expansive knowledge of the game subject matter is unique and unmatchable” said JD McNeil Slitherine’s CEO
A space hero among us Features list:
- Manage all aspects of your fledgling space agency from the 1950’s through to the Lunar landings in the first episode. Later episodes will add a permanent space station in Earth orbit all the way to the ultimate goal – a Manned Mission to Mars!
- Create space programs and launch missions inspired by real programs such as the X-15 Space plane and the Sputnik satellite through to the Mercury, Gemini and Apollo manned spacecrafts and more!
- Research and develop hundreds of mission components from 40 different program categories.
- Develop your facility with advanced structures and upgrades including the Vehicle Assembly Building, the Mission Control Center and the Observatory.
- Recruit and train astronaut candidates and assign them to missions.
- Assemble an elite team of Scientists, Engineers, Technicians and Flight Controllers for the best chance of success.
- Manage your agency’s extensive budget.
- Components can cause catastrophic failures. You must decide whether to abort or push on with each mission.
- Vast amounts of research ensure the huge database includes missions that launched and many more that never left the drawing board!
- In Campaign Mode, manage your agency while pandering to the requirements of government to keep your position as Director!
- Play in Sand Box mode to manage your budget with no politics involved.
- Hundreds of components built in 3D and rendered out in exquisite detail allow you to follow the progress of your missions.
- A historic advisor gives background information on the real missions and astronauts throughout the game.
- Designed in consultation with Dr. Buzz Aldrin, Apollo 11 Lunar Module Pilot and the second human being to set foot on the Moon.
Thank you Slitherine for providing us with this information.
Image courtesy of Slitherine.